cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Photo Professional 4.4.30 for Windows 10 x64 Processing file not working

vpts
Contributor

Hi!

Digital Photo Professional 4.4.30 for Windows 10 x64 (my Dell laptop) was working fine until yesterday afternoon. I made some editing works on some of my CR2 photos.

Then Ctrl+D to Convert and Save it to JPG. The processing file took forever and there was no output photo at all.

I tried to reinstall my graphic driver and then DDP4.4.30 for 3 times. Still no luck at all.

Do you know what happened and what would be a solution for it?

Thank you so much!

The link is the screenshot of the not-working step!

http://imgur.com/QPlaR0S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi jrhoffman75,
I tried to completely uninstall it by deleting all everything (folders, registry, temporary files, etc.) now it worked again!

Thank you so much for not leaving me alone!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Hi John,

Appreciate your prompt response. I just did uninstall from control panel as directed, (in fact, this is the 4th time) but the issue remains.This is weird. Never encountered b4 and been using DPP for years....feeling sad and lost. 

Yes, I installed the latest 4.7.2.1

Hear from you when avail.

Jensen 

Singapore 

Try this:

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Software/dpp-stops-working-on-windows-10/td-p/218581

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks again John, will try it. Hope it works.

Cheers 

Jensen

Hi John, 

Thanks for the latest solution, Afraid it still does not work. Will search for more solution. Really sad an "old friend" got wonky. 

Sincere appreciation for your assistance again. 

Blessing.

Jensen 

Hi Jensen. Yes, it’s very frustrating when software ( or anything) suddenly stops working the way it did for no apparent reason. It’s also extremely difficult to figure out why when it’s not a universal problem. I have used DPP since version 1, and that would ha e spanned XP to W10. Never had a problem. Similarly on my MacBook from one of the “animals” to High Sierra; no problem. Hopefully someone can identify a possible source to the problem some folks are having. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John, 

Just to keep you updated that Canon Singapore been amazing with their follow up service to ensure my DPP issue gets fixed. Apparently, it's linked to the Microsoft Registry. They did a remote assist and conduct deductive approach. Many attempts failed till they set up another account and open the files from there and the DPP was working once again.

Thank you once again for your time and assistance. 

Cheers

Jensen 

Thank you very much for sharing the solution. I don't have acess to DP for months because of this problem. Creating a new account at least let me use it.

Announcements