cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Camera Software 7.1 download error Windows 10

anderzoo7
Apprentice

Hello,

Just bought a Powershot ELPH 190 and am trying to dowload the Digital Camera Software.  The download utility runs and then gives me an error message after the install saying that the install was stopped and I need to restart and complete the download.  I have tried numerous times from 3 different browsers.  I have cleared out all temp internet files, deleted previous dowload attempts, restarted the computer, etc.  All to no avail.  Still keep getting the same error. See pic below.  Any ideas of how to get this to download on my computer?  I called the tech support number and they had no idea.  I am running Windows 10 64-bitcanon issue.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

DZR
Contributor

I have the same problem with win 8.1.

I cannot install the DCS 7.1 on my computer. Same picture like your's.

Any solutions in sight?

best regards

DZR

Greetings,

Its not always easy to provide assistance in a "me too" thread with two different operating systems as the environments can differ greatly.  .  

-Assume both of you are installiing the software under a user account with admin level privledges?

-If the files are zipped, the package needs to to extracted first. 

-The error message would appear to indicate a compatibility issue, although both 8.1 and 10 should be supported.  I would try installing using compatibilitlity mode, accessed by right-clicking the executable and selected troubleshoot or install using compatibility mode.  The context menus will be slightly differen as each of you is using a different OS.

anderzoo7, i see you are running build 1709 of W10.

DZR, for next time, please start your own thread so it gets the visibility and attention it deserves.  This helps others looking for help to find and follow solutions specific to their hardware, software, OS, environment, etc.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Ok, I will continue in a separate thread.

Best regrds DZ
Announcements