cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP4 AF Points Not Showing

CHAPLAINMARK
Contributor
When I tick the AF Points checkbox, no AF points are visible, niether in Quick Check nor Edit windows.
I saw a post here about this issue, which contained a reference to Tools>Preview>Multi-Function Preview, but that did not make AF points visible for me.
Am I missing something?
Thanks..!
Chaplain Mark
'Tis better to have a camera and not need one, than to need a camera and not have one.
15 REPLIES 15

Cameras:  PowerShot G3X PowerShot G5X

RAW image files.

'Tis better to have a camera and not need one, than to need a camera and not have one.

CHAPLAINMARK
Contributor
Canon emailed me their answer to my question about AF points not showing in DPP4.

Here's the copy-and-paste of Canon's email to me:

Dear Chaplain Mark,

Thank you for contacting Canon product support regarding the Digital Photo Professional 4 software for your PowerShot G5 X. I can assist you with the software.

I understand that you are experiencing trouble with the Canon software. As you have a PowerShot G5 X, the Digital Photo Professional 4 software works fully with Canon Digital EOS cameras. Some features will not work as you are using a PowerShot camera.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with your PowerShot G5 X.

Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely,

Torrey
Technical Support Representative

-------------------

So there we have the answer.

I guess I'll have to go out and buy an EOS so I can see those AF points on my computer screen...

Ah, no.... 😁😁

Thank You,
Chaplain Mark

FWIW, I have the same situation.  G5x.  Cannot view AF points in DPP.

Pretty lame of Canon not to support power shots.

@ejohansen wrote:

FWIW, I have the same situation.  G5x.  Cannot view AF points in DPP.

Pretty lame of Canon not to support power shots.

Lame?  No, it isn't.  How many AF points does your camera have?  It has the same number as most PowerShots.  One!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

You can move the AF point.

@ejohansen wrote:

You can move the AF point.

"Cannot view AF points in DPP."

Good, we're on the same page now.  One AF point, not multiple AF poinnts.  It is what it is.  I doubt if it will change.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements