cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP and DLO

digital
Rising Star

Hey Canon. Why can't I update DLO for my new 24-70 2.8 II? I have had it for over 16 months. My 70-200 2.8 II works. 

10 REPLIES 10

There isn't anything wrong with DPP. I used it for years and it is simple to use so it is good to learn on. You can't beat LR for the advanced options. The masking slider in the sharpening tab a huge benefit which DPP does not have. DPP lacks advanced healing and I think the shadow and highlight recovery is better.  Also the export page offers output sharpening which DPP does not have so I have to transfer a file/s PS to sharpen for output.

Several years ago they were taking a suvery at DPreview before a camera show and asked how to improve DPP. I answered take DPP's converter and colours and plop it into LR. I would have payed for that. Lightroom - Canon DPP Edition. However Adobe has come a long way with color. I'd still like to see Canons engine in LR.  I read Canon Europe is packaging new cameras with LR. Makes me wonder if they plan to partner with Adobe and get out of the PP software business some day.        

You are correct about how seamless LR is with CS6. 

So I still use DPP for a few things but most PP is using ACR or LR. I just like evertryting to work and the DLO as corrupt for one of my lenses. I actully found another person who had the same issue with the same lens at Canon Rumours forums.                 

Announcements