cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP + Infra-Red

i-r_shooter
Contributor

HIya, I have a 7D recently converted to a 590nm Goldie IR filter . When I import the images into DPP v4.3.0 they appear as almost mono, and one image in particular, showing a building and a leafless tree, appears lilac when opened in Edit but it take the software at least 8 seconds before it shows it, then the colour goes but comes back again after 28 seconds.

I have tried saving the original file (in lilac) as a CR2 copy and get the same result, but then saving it as a jpg it reverts to almost mono again.....Is this a problem with the software?

Also, in camera the image is mono but when imported into either CS5 or DNG Editor it instantly becomes orange, once the channels are swapped it goes blue.......

I presume DPP is compatible with infra-red? Before I converted the camera I had no problems with the images either in camera or editing in DPP. If anyone can enlightem me I would be eternally grateful Smiley Happy Cheers...

I have a PC, Win7, quad core with 8Gb Ram

11 REPLIES 11

Speak for yourself, there is plenty of green here in Southern California. 8^P

LOL....well we do have some green here too, but as it's winter (wet & windy is now normal for us in the UK) we lack the precious sunshine.....still, I live in hope that the Jet Stream suddenly decides to go far North and drags up clear blue skies from the South Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Announcements