cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP - Batch reduce RELATIVE brightness

raviballa
Contributor

Does DPP allow reducing RELATIVE brightness in batch?

I post-processed hundreds of files and adjusted the settings individually, for each of .CR2 (RAW) files. After converting and looking at them on a screen, I realized all of them have extra brightness. Now, I need to, relatively, reduce the brightness for all of them together. Note that they already have different exposure adjustments. I would like to reduce the current brightness of each picture, by say, -0.15, with whatever adjustment they already had.

I am aware of RECIPE, but they seem to apply the same brightness to all the pictures, regardless of their current setting. But, I only want a relative reduction to their current setting.

Is there a way to do this in batch (I hate to do this picture by picture)? 😞

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@raviballa wrote:

Does DPP allow reducing RELATIVE brightness in batch?

I post-processed hundreds of files and adjusted the settings individually, for each of .CR2 (RAW) files. After converting and looking at them on a screen, I realized all of them have extra brightness. Now, I need to, relatively, reduce the brightness for all of them together. Note that they already have different exposure adjustments. I would like to reduce the current brightness of each picture, by say, -0.15, with whatever adjustment they already had.

I am aware of RECIPE, but they seem to apply the same brightness to all the pictures, regardless of their current setting. But, I only want a relative reduction to their current setting.

Is there a way to do this in batch (I hate to do this picture by picture)? 😞

While you may not be able to apply such an adjustment to the RAW files, you should be able to apply it to the JPEG files that have been generated from the RAW files.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yeah, I understand applying to JPEGs. But, I do see a diffeence in brightness adjustment in RAW vs JPEG. RAW has better colors but JPEG gives me that brightness layer all over (like fog).
I think I will just quickly do each picture. Thanks for the reply.

@raviballa wrote:
Yeah, I understand applying to JPEGs. But, I do see a diffeence in brightness adjustment in RAW vs JPEG. RAW has better colors but JPEG gives me that brightness layer all over (like fog).
I think I will just quickly do each picture. Thanks for the reply.

I frequently find myself also making a contrast adjustment when I make an exposure/brightness adjustment.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Batch Export them as 16 bit TIFFs those will have your current adjustments applied. Then select all of the TIFFs and apply your across the board adjustment. Batch Export the TIFFs as JPGs for your final output. 

Announcements