cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4.7.2 installer crashes on OS X Sierra

amstel78
Apprentice

Running Sierra 10.12.6.  Had DPP 3.15 installed on it for several years and its always worked.

Tonight I downloaded DPP 4.7 and when installing, it says unpacking files but the installer never starts.  So, to get around it, I installed the software on my wife's Macbook which is running OS X 10.11 and simply copied the installed folder and files to my Mac.  This actually worked and the software runs perfectly.

I'm just wondering why the installer crashed inititally on my Mac.  This is even after restarting.  I do have Filevault encyrption on, but that shouldn't matter.  

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks,

James

3 REPLIES 3

amstel78
Apprentice

No one?  Hasn't anyone else experienced trouble installing Canon software on Apple's latest release of OS X?  The installer just crashes.  Doesn't happen with any other application I install; just Canon's.

Hello amstel78!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. We do hope someone is able to assist! If this is a time-sensitive matter, of if you are looking to get support from Canon, please reach out to our US-based technical support team via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

Thanks SamanthaW,

I will reach out the the support team as suggested.

Best,

James

Announcements