cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4.6.10 Angle bug

hdohlmann
Contributor

I have some photos where I rotate and crop the image.

But, when I return to the Image adjustment page, the image is only cropped, not rotated.

If I re-enter the Crop and Rotate tool, the image is shown both with rotation and cropping.

Am I doing something wrong here?

dpp-rotate bug 01.PNG

dpp-rotate bug 02.PNG

25 REPLIES 25

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Are you waiting for your changes to be completed before you move on to another type of change or edit?  Are you waiting for lthe photos to completely and fully load before you start edits? 

Havve you ever noticed the little spinning icon near the lower right corner of the Edit Image Window?  That spinning icon tells when the application is busy performing some type of operation.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I save the changes and problem persists:

Image is cropped but not rotated in all but the "Crop an Rotate" view.

Enabling the "Show Properties" states that the image is cropped AND rotated -25.00 degrees...

Exporting the image to jpeg and opeing that also only have the cropping applied.

This happens for quite a lot of my images in DPP 4.

@hdohlmann wrote:

Enabling the "Show Properties" states that the image is cropped AND rotated -25.00 degrees...

Exporting the image to jpeg and opeing that also only have the cropping applied.

What about the little spinning icon?  That's the most critical question, which would explailn a whole lot of your issues.

Yes, I wait until the spinning icon dissapears and it STILL doesn't apply the rotation.

It doesn't apply the rotation in the Main view.

It doesn't apply the rotation when exporting.

It doesn't apply the rotation anywhere but in the "Crop and Rotate" view.

Anyone else experiencing this with some images?

@hdohlmann wrote:

Yes, I wait until the spinning icon dissapears and it STILL doesn't apply the rotation.

It doesn't apply the rotation in the Main view.

It doesn't apply the rotation when exporting.

It doesn't apply the rotation anywhere but in the "Crop and Rotate" view.

Anyone else experiencing this with some images?

I would try to completely remove it, and then do a new clean installation.  

@hdohlmann wrote:

It looks to me as though it's working correctly. When you return to the main view, it shows you the result of the cropping and rotation that you just did. If you then decide that it's not rotated enough or cropped correctly, you can go back into the rotation and cropping window and adjust it. Then when you return to the main window, it shows you the revised view. Etc. I think you're seeing a problem where there is none.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Have a look at the screenshots. The first one is from the Crop and Rotate view. The second one is from the Basic Editing view.

How can that look like it's working correctly?

In the Crop and Rotate view, the image is cropped AND rotated.

In the other views, it is ONLY cropped.

@hdohlmann wrote:

Have a look at the screenshots. The first one is from the Crop and Rotate view. The second one is from the Basic Editing view.

How can that look like it's working correctly?

In the Crop and Rotate view, the image is cropped AND rotated.

In the other views, it is ONLY cropped.

OK, I see what you're saying; the lower picture should match the highlighted area of the upper picture. Actually, I don't think it even matches the upper picture's cropping, even if you negated the rotation. You don't have it open more than once, do you? After you've done the crop and rotation, you have to explicitly revert to the adjustment window. If you have it open in another adjustment window, the change probably won't show there.

There must be some action that isn't getting completed. I tried to reproduce your problem on one of my images and wasn't able to.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

You are right, the cropping is also off, probably because the rotation is not being applied.

No, I do not have the image opened in multiple views.

Here are links to a couple of the images that does not work for me:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B92Kvd-y39zAX3gyaV8wVmpkREE

Rotated -25, closely cropped.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B92Kvd-y39zAVTNZc3Z6UUNlelk

Rotated -7, closely cropped.

It is not the negative rotation that is the issue. I tried rotating the first image +25 instead, but it is still not applied...

Announcements