cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Connect App

LynneGates
Apprentice
The canon connect app is on my phone. When I tap the icon to open the program, the program will not open. It tries to open and it goes to a white screen and then immediately shuts down. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app still, the same problem. I shut down my phone and restarted and the app still will not open. The wifi connection is there but I cannot open the actual app. Help!
2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi LynneGates,

Thank you for posting.

I recommend that you uninstall the Camera Connect app, then reinstall it. When you uninstall the app, please be sure that any saved state has been removed before re-installing. To do this, double click the home button and swipe the Canon Connect App up and off the screen so that is disappears.

Before reinstalling the app, please turn your phone off (not a restart) for about 10 seconds, or so, then restart your phone and re-install the app.

If you continue to encounter difficulty, Canon is aware of this issue and is working on a solution. This solution should be available within a few days.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

LynneGates
Apprentice
Thank you, Richard. I followed your instructions to the letter. It worked. Although I thought I had done that. The only thing was that I had to get a new encryption code again. Figured that out.

Can I have both my iPad and iPhone connected to the Camera connect. Have not been able to make them both work.

Thank you again for your quick response.
Announcements