cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find SX50 on MacBook Air using ImageBrowser and CameraWindow

jimo
Contributor

I recently purchased an SX50 and loaded ImageBrowser EX v. 1.2.1 and CameraWindow onto my MacBook Air running Mac OSX 10.7.5.  When I connected the SX50 to my system I received a "No Camera Was Found" message from CameraWindow.  I also have iPhoto v. 9.4.3 on my MacBook and was able to successfully connect to the SX50  and downloaded my images.

I was also able to connect an old Olympus camera to my MacBook, which was recognized by CameraWindow and Image Browser EX.  

How can I successfully connect my SX50 to CameraWindow and Image Browser EX?

8 REPLIES 8

fyigmo63
Enthusiast

Try this.  Connect your camera to your Macbook and turn it on.  Next, go to your applications list and open Image Capture.  On the left side of your screen you should see a list of any devices you have connected to your Mac, and your camera should be listed there.  Select your camera from the list, and from there you should be able to transfer images, etc., from your camera, although you may have to tweak the application's settings.  Give that a whirl and see if CameraWindow, etc., function properly afterwards.

Thanks.  

I gave your suggestion a try, and could see the Canon SX50 in Image Capture along with its images, and the left window indicated that "connecting this camera opens CameraWindow."  Unfortunately, when I connect the camera, I continue to get a "No Camera Was Found" message from CameraWindow DC.  

I can't force the connection through ImageBrowser EX either -- same error message.

It appears that the MacBook sees the camera, but CameraWindow doesn't see it.

jprusa
Contributor

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling software?

I installed the software twice, now will try uninstalling and reinstalling.

The software works with another, older Olympus camera, and the MacBook sees the SX50 using Image Capture and also iPhoto.

There is an update 121.14, this program has been unstable since I have used it. I liked the zoombrowser better but thats for windows. Try the update if you have not already done so.  

Hmmm, I thought I had the latest version.  I'll look for the update you mention and give it a try.  i noticed that ImageBrowser crashes once before it loads on my Mac on the second attempt to start the program.

My IB just updated today but have not opened it in a while because it is so unstable, my IB loads on second attempt to start as well but after update so far so good,but won't hold my breath.

Announcements