Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can I have the Canon Camera Connect app on multiple devices for the same camera?

Long story short, im from the States but am currently in New Zealand and about 3 weeks ago my phone (which had the Canon Camera Connect app on it) started acting up to the point where I can't use it. Anyway, I want to share my photos on my camera but it won't connect to my Nexus 7 which I downloaded the app on, but the camera is not connecting nor even acknowledgeding it. If someone could help me out it would be appreciated greatly.

Reputable Contributor

Re: Can I have the Canon Camera Connect app on multiple devices for the same camera?

Yes you can use it on multiple devices. You have it installed right so try this

If you have not been using the Mobile Device Connect Button or your camera does not have that button:

1. Press Playback and then select the button with the Wi-Fi icon.
  2. Initiate a new connection by selecting the smartphone icon on the screen, rather than pressing a previous connection from the connection history list.
  3. Complete the connection to you smart device (remember to launch the new Camera Connect app on your smart device).
  4. After you have completed this, the camera will remember this connection to the new Camera Connect app and this will appear as a new item on the history list. You can also delete the old CameraWindow app to avoid confusion.

If you have been using the Mobile Device Connect Button to connect to your smart device:

1. Press the Menu and find Settings tab (tab with spanner and hammer icon).
  2. Select the option for Mobile Device Connect Button.
  3. Delete the ‘Registered destination’ (your smart device).
  4. Once deleted, press the Mobile Device Connect Button again and complete the connection to your smart device (remember to launch the new Camera Connect app on your smart device).
  5. After you have completed this, the mobile button will remember this connection to the new Camera Connect app and you can use the mobile button as before. You can also delete the old CameraWindow app to avoid confusion.
New Contributor

Re: Can I have the Canon Camera Connect app on multiple devices for the same camera?

Thank you! You saved me a great deal of time and hair pulling.
Reputable Contributor

LOL your welcome !

New Contributor

Can you connect multiple cameras to one device while using the canon connect app? if yes, how? Specifically 2 Canon EOS 80D