cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CameraWindow Software Issue

faithfulldog
Apprentice

Help please. I just purchased a Powershot SX620 HS as I want to transfer images via WiFi to my Macbook Pro. I run OS Sierra 10.12.5. I have downloaded the latest version of CameraWindow.

I have the SX620 connected to my WiFi, and it recognises my Macbook, but whenever I click on CameraWindow, I get error message " No camera was found"  What am I doing wrong.

5 REPLIES 5

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Faithfulldog,

Thanks for posting.

For user of Macs running Sierra, you must use the Image Sync method for the wireless transfer of images. For step-by-step instructions, please click here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

these instructions appear to be for transferring images to the clound service.  how do we transfer images to the computer, rather than the cloud?

On a powershot GFX the camera recogizes wifi and recognizes the Macbook Pro (running osx sierra) but cannot  finalize the connection to the computer.  

likewise on the computer CameraWindow says "No Camera was found".

Sadly the WiFi function does not work with Mac Sierra. ( who actuallyb wants to go via the cloud) 

2 options remain. One is tom nuse the wifi and sync to you iPhone which will then bring the images into you Photo Stream on Photos or simply use a USB cable and import the images to your Photo Album.

Sadly Canon does not recognise that the premium OS out there is Mac for viewing images.

So I bought a +$500 camera that promises each photo transfer over WIFI that can't transfer photos over WIFI? Pathetic. Canon should be ashamed. How embarrassing. 

Any idea when wifi support for Sierra (and beyond) will be available?

Announcements