Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Camera Connect App User Guide

Hello

cannot send the location information to my 70D camera ("This function cannot be used with the currently connected camera" message appeared). Is this an expected behavior ?

which alternative do I have to Geo tag my photos ?

thanks a lot !

Occasional Contributor

To add geo location to your photos you have to launch Camera Connect and start Geo Logging prior to taking your photos. Afterwards, when connected to your camera via WiFi you send Logging info to the camera and I will attach the geo info to each photo. Note: (1) The the camera date/time must be the same as your smartphone, (2) If you use Camera Connect to download photos, the geo data is not attached (For some reason?). The photos have to be extracted from your camera via SD card or USB cable. And (3), the app says: On this screen, the function that sends location to the camera via WiFi and adds it to images after they have been photographed can be used. Single-lens reflex cameras and camcorders, as well as some models, do not support this functionality.

New Contributor

I want install the application of canon camera connect but it says it is not applicable in your country may U know why is that and what is the solution for this problem
Esteemed Contributor

Zabihullah wrote:
I want install the application of canon camera connect but it says it is not applicable in your country may U know why is that and what is the solution for this problem

Presumably it means that the software is incompatible with the wireless protocols in use in your country and/or with certain governmental regulations thereon. You could tell us what country you live in and see if anyone in the forum can provide any further insight. But your best bet is probably to contact your country's telecommunications authority for advice.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
New Contributor

Got problem with my android phone.

The location logging under background with android 7.1.1 will be no longer logging after few minutes, any advice?

I have no idea this is because of android 7.1.1 or my HTC U11.

New Contributor

Had my M6 for two days now. Nice camera. I planned to use the app to control video function but I now read this function is not available. I also notice that most functions are greyed out no matter what mode the camera is set to. The phone screen updates very slowly on a 6S+ I saw a video on youtube where controlling video IS possible. I feel quite disappointed and feel I made a mistake purchasing this camera. App control of the camera was an important part of my decision to buy. Can the app be made fully functional? I dont want to have to sell it and buy a Panasonic...
New Contributor

Hi

Thnaks for oyur info (in lieu of user guide) - which i agree would be helpful.

Just one small point I dont think in any situation the ability to zoom is avavailable from the app?  Certainly not with my 7D Mk II.  

There are some helpful FAQs at https://www.canon.co.uk/apps/canon-camera-connect/#canonfeatures

Best

Eamon

New Contributor

I have a Powershot SC720HS and use canon camera conect to retrieve my photos onto my iphone 6 iOS 10.3 through my wifi.
Other than the camera disconnecting every so often - which is very annoying- i've always been able to download my pictures.
For some reason, since yesterday, the camera will just keep disconnecting. I have reinstalled the app, reset the wifi settings and looked at my wifi connection and it still does not work.
What's worse is thar now, i am no longer able to connect the camera to the iphone. Every time i try, when it asks me on the camera whether i let the connected smart device to operate and access images on memory card, as soon as i press YES, it just disconnects. The app says to check the camera settings.
My wifi is working just fine, and this doesnt work when i use the camera access point mode either.
I have been trying for hours.
Help!

Hi anapix! 

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA! You'll want to take a look at our Wireless Troubleshooting page HERE.

If you've done that and you're still having a problem, reach out to technical support at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET). 

New Contributor

I have a Powershot SC720HS and use canon camera conect to retrieve my photos onto my iphone 6 iOS 10.3 through my wifi.
Other than the camera disconnecting every so often - which is very annoying- i've always been able to download my pictures.
For some reason, since yesterday, the camera will just keep disconnecting. I have reinstalled the app, reset the wifi settings and looked at my wifi connection and it still does not work.
What's worse is thar now, i am no longer able to connect the camera to the iphone. Every time i try, when it asks me on the camera whether i let the connected smart device to operate and access images on memory card, as soon as i press YES, it just disconnects. The app says to check the camera settings.
My wifi is working just fine, and this doesnt work when i use the camera access point mode either.
I have been trying for hours.
Help!