Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Camera Connect App User Guide

Thanks for that. Now I understand why Canon gives everybody a run around on the lack of connectivity.

Can you not publish this in mainstream media ?

Esteemed Contributor

BernardWessels wrote:

Thanks for that. Now I understand why Canon gives everybody a run around on the lack of connectivity.

Can you not publish this in mainstream media ?

As long as we're being brutally honest, let's acknowledge that WiFi is not, nor ever was, a particularly good way to communicate with a camera.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
New Contributor

Hi, I recently purchased an EOS 7D Mark ii with the added WiFi card.  I installed Camera Connect and have successfully paired the camera with my iphone 6, and am able to see the camera photos on my phone.  I am UNABLE, however to save any of the photos to my phone.  It just continuously spins on my phone, and the camera shows a Busy..... message.  Does anyone have a thought on how to fix?  Very frustrated...thank you.

New Contributor

Re: Wi-Fi adapter and remote live

I have been able to get my 7D Mark II connected to my smartphone. Camera connect has been installed and everything is fine up to the point when I want to use remote shooting. The screen to use appears and all the camera settings are displayed but the screen is black and it keeps flashing busy the same with the camera-it says it is busy. I press the button to yake a picture and nothing happens. The scene I am trying to take a picture does not appear on the screen. It remains black and flashes busy. I can view images I have on my memory card but they are not images taken with remote shooting. What am I doing wrong. The camera is set to P and live view on the menu is enabled 

New Contributor

Hi so i'am trying to connect my phone to my camera and I know the instructions, but when I go to my camera to click "connect mobile device" it won't let me click it. 

Product Expert

Hi Abbylee55,

Thanks for posting.

To allow us to better assist you, please let us know the following:

1. Which Canon Camera do you have?
  2. Which System (Android or iOS) and which version does your phone use?
  3. Have you installed the Camera Connect app?
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Canon released a fix today, the issue was with the 1.1.1 firmware, downgrade to 1.1.0 and it will work.

New Contributor

Hi I have cannon sx420 si 

after I connect my smart phone to the camera WIFI nothing is happend I'm waiting to the camera and it still

"waiting to connect"

Product Expert

Hi Snir,

Thanks for posting.

So we may better assist you, please reply with the following information:

1. Are you attempting to connect with an iPhone or Android?
    1. Which version of Android or iOS are you using?
  2. Have you installed the latest version of the Camera Connect app (Android: 2.0.30.32, iOS: 2.0.30) on your phone?
  3. Have you been able to connect your camera to this phone, previously?
    1. If so, what changes, if any (i.e. OS (or app) updates, etc), have you made to your phone?
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

My 5D MK IV connects every time to the Connect App however only about 10% of the time does a live view screen appear. I can always control the functions like record, iris, and shutter but the live view screen is usually BLACK. 

specs:

iPhone 6s and iPad Air

iOS 10.3.1

Newest Version of Canon Connect app

MK IV Firmware 1.0.2

It defeats the purpose of having the remote shooting functionality if you can't see the live view.

Has anyone had this issue?