Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Camera Connect App User Guide

Can you help me? My PowerShot SX610HS Camera automatically turning on and searching for access point. Why this is happening? How to turn it off?

Thank you. 

New Contributor

Richard, I have a similar issue.  It appears that I can only connect my EOS1300D (Rebel) by WiFi to one device in the Camera Connect app (e.g. smartphone or iPad).  If I want to use a different device I have to completely reset WiFi settings on the camera to set up the other device. As I have the app on multiple devices and wish to use different devices at different times (not simultaneously), is there a way to fix this problem e.g. have a common password as happens for other internet devices? Please advise. 

Occasional Contributor

I had a similar problem with my G7X until I discovered that if I first selected the view photos button and then the antenna icon button on the back of the camera, I can then select either my iPad or iPhone. If instead when I push the WiFi button on the side of the camera, it will only connect to the last devise used. It is another “trick” that is not discussed in any Cannon manual I have seen.

New Contributor

I'm experiencing the same issue on my EOS M100.
I'm unable to view "Images on Camera" function as it will disconnect each time.

I'm able to use the other functions but after resetting network and reinstalling the app, connecting to "Images on Camera" results in a disconnect. I'm using both iPad on iOS 11 and Samsung S7 on Android.
I contacted Canon via email and they told me that it was probably a "software issue" on Androids side even though I'm experiencing this issue on iOS as well.

How to fix? I've connected successfully via bluetooth, NFC, and WiFi but always unable to view Images on Camera.

Help!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I've a similar problem to this one: http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Software/Camera-Connect-App-User-Guide/m-p/213473/highlight/true#M...

Phone:

Android 8.1.0

Already set in battery optimization settings to "don't optimize" the 'Camera Connect' app, but still got the logging interrupted after a while.

Is there any trick?

Other thing, i know the logging was interrupted but the notification is still in the status bar saying:
Location information: Positioning...

But when i enter the camera connect app the recording toggle is not set.

So I need to turn it on again, even the notification saying it was logging..

Can someone help out?

Thank you.

New Contributor

Hello. I installed Canon Camera Connect on my Samsung Avant to connect to my T6i. It seems to work fine, but I can't close the app without turning off the phone.

New Contributor

I downloaded latest version of Canon Camera Connect (2.2.20) and am using iOS 11.3.

App crashes continually immediately after opening.  Seems to be at "Allow Access to Location" option screen. 

Seems like there's an incompatibility issue w iOS 11.3.

Any experience/insights/guidance?/

Thanks!

Occasional Contributor

I have the same versions of Camera Connect and iOS and it works fine on my iPhoneX. Try rebooting your phone and/or deleting and reloading the app. Sometimes that will clear up app problems. Also I suggest you set Camera Connect’s iOS location services to “always”. Good luck...