Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Any Windows 10 download software usable W/O WiFi?

[ Edited ]

Is there any Canon software to replace ZoomBrowser EX / ImageBrowser EX for use in Windows 10 that does NOT depend on Wi-Fi? I always download from the SD card, NOT by connecting my (pre-built-in-Wi-Fi SX-40 HS) camera, anyway, but now I can't figure out what to install on my new computer to have the download options I'm used to! I've had no luck finding an existing answer in your forums. It seems like CameraWindow is just for wireless connection to a camera, or am I misunderstanding?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any Windows 10 download software usable W/O WiFi?

Use EOS Utility with a USB connection.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello dpdesautels, 

We recommend downloading and using EOS Utility.  

To get us started off please Click Here for a direct link to the Drivers and Downloads section of the product support page.

Drivers & Downloads will appear in red with some little gears above it. On this page you'll be prompted with a dialog box that says "Begin typing your model name, then select your model from the displayed list."

Next, click the box containing the Go command located immediately to the right.

Once on the initial download page for your model, use the Select OS drop-down menu to select the operating system of the computer on which you will be installing the software.

Next, click on the category tab that you wish to browse- Software, Firmware or Utilities. You should then click the Select button for the desired file you wish to download.

Once expanded, you'll see the selection of currently available software for your OS and camera.  To initiate the download, click the red outlined box which says Select. This will then further expand the view detailing file information and a solid red dialog box containing Download in white text.

After clicking the Download button, follow the instructions to download and install the driver or software.

The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Canon_SX40-doesn't-offer-EOS-Utility!.jpgAs you can see, my model is NOT given the option of using EOS Utility, only CameraWindow. That's why I was left unsure re. what would work for me! Should I simply put in a newer model, and go through with the EOS Utility download under that pretense? There is more than one version, though, so which version number am I looking for?