cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Windows 10 download software usable W/O WiFi?

dpdesautels
Apprentice

Is there any Canon software to replace ZoomBrowser EX / ImageBrowser EX for use in Windows 10 that does NOT depend on Wi-Fi? I always download from the SD card, NOT by connecting my (pre-built-in-Wi-Fi SX-40 HS) camera, anyway, but now I can't figure out what to install on my new computer to have the download options I'm used to! I've had no luck finding an existing answer in your forums. It seems like CameraWindow is just for wireless connection to a camera, or am I misunderstanding?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@dpdesautels wrote:

Canon_SX40-doesn't-offer-EOS-Utility!.jpgAs you can see, my model is NOT given the option of using EOS Utility, only CameraWindow. That's why I was left unsure re. what would work for me! Should I simply put in a newer model, and go through with the EOS Utility download under that pretense? There is more than one version, though, so which version number am I looking for?

Normally, you'd be looking for Version 3. Some cameras use Version 3, and some Version 2. But a full installation of Version 3 includes both versions, as well as a dispatching module that looks at your camera and decides which version is correct. However, since Powershots may not normally use EOSU, you might find it choosing the wrong one. Then you'd have to find the executable for the correct version (it should already have been installed) and call it directly.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Use EOS Utility with a USB connection.

Bob

Tim
Authority

Hello dpdesautels, 

We recommend downloading and using EOS Utility.  

To get us started off please Click Here for a direct link to the Drivers and Downloads section of the product support page.

Drivers & Downloads will appear in red with some little gears above it. On this page you'll be prompted with a dialog box that says "Begin typing your model name, then select your model from the displayed list."

Next, click the box containing the Go command located immediately to the right.

Once on the initial download page for your model, use the Select OS drop-down menu to select the operating system of the computer on which you will be installing the software.

Next, click on the category tab that you wish to browse- Software, Firmware or Utilities. You should then click the Select button for the desired file you wish to download.

Once expanded, you'll see the selection of currently available software for your OS and camera.  To initiate the download, click the red outlined box which says Select. This will then further expand the view detailing file information and a solid red dialog box containing Download in white text.

After clicking the Download button, follow the instructions to download and install the driver or software.

The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Canon_SX40-doesn't-offer-EOS-Utility!.jpgAs you can see, my model is NOT given the option of using EOS Utility, only CameraWindow. That's why I was left unsure re. what would work for me! Should I simply put in a newer model, and go through with the EOS Utility download under that pretense? There is more than one version, though, so which version number am I looking for?

@dpdesautels wrote:

Normally, you'd be looking for Version 3. Some cameras use Version 3, and some Version 2. But a full installation of Version 3 includes both versions, as well as a dispatching module that looks at your camera and decides which version is correct. However, since Powershots may not normally use EOSU, you might find it choosing the wrong one. Then you'd have to find the executable for the correct version (it should already have been installed) and call it directly.

Bob

Hi Dpdesautels,

The Canon Camera software, that you found is the correct software.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements