cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After updating Camera Window DC, camera lens will not open

footlooze
Contributor

I had been for a few years using with no problems my Powershot SX100 IS with the software provided at the time of purchase on an earlier Macmini. I would connect the power cable and usb cable and was able to take macro photos of coins etc.

I recently switched to a new Macmini and installed the software from CD (solution disk ver. 31.1) that accompanied the PowerShot when purchased. I did notice not everything was able to install as previously. So I updated from the software on your site to  include Camera Window 8.9.1.5, but now my PowerShot SX100 IS lens will not open while connected to my Mac.

The software installed is as follows: ibxm-inst-1-1-0-17-u01-9l.dmg.gz, psx-upd-3-2-6-28-r8-u03-9l.dmg.gz and cdx-inst-8-9-1-5-u01-9l.dmg.gz.

What can I do?

4 REPLIES 4

Mykolas
Authority

Hi footlooze!

Thanks for posting.

What version of the Mac OS are you running on your Mac Mini?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Mike, Thanks for your reply. I'm currently running OSX 10.9.1 and think that the original canon software on cd will not allow me to use the remote shooting feature as when I was running OSX 10.3 something. Please advise.

footlooze,

Because of how new OS 10.9.1 is, there is not a version of CameraWindow DC that is officially compatible yet.  I recommend that you continue to visit the website as new updates are made available in the future.

Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Mike, Happy New Year and thank you for your reply. I sure miss being able to use do remote shooting with my mac. I hope software will be available soon to enable this feature.  Thanks again and see you next time. footlooze

Announcements