cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80D and Lightroom

Cathryn_Rees
Apprentice

I have a new 80D and have downloaded a free trial on LR Classic CC.  I'm unable to import the .CR2 files.  Says they are not recognised.  Having a problem talking with Adobe support to find out whether the version to buy is compatible.   Any advice?

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Cathryn_Rees wrote:

I have a new 80D and have downloaded a free trial on LR Classic CC.  I'm unable to import the .CR2 files.  Says they are not recognised.  Having a problem talking with Adobe support to find out whether the version to buy is compatible.   Any advice?

Sure. Use DPP (the Canon editor that came with your 80D) instead, at least until you can prove that you actually need Lightroom. (And be prepared for the possibility that that may be never.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

I agree with Bob that DPP may be all you need, but you will never know if you can’t compare to Lightroom. 

The 80D should be compatible with Lightroom Classic CC. 

Try opening the files in DPP to ensure they aren’t damaged/corrupt. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Cathryn_Rees wrote:

I agree.  What computer OS are you using?  I agree, that you should try Canon’s software first.

You’re not going to [find] much in the way of Adobe technical suppport around here, unfortunately.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Lightroom works with the 80D but it will need to be uodated. I use it on both a Macbook Pro and Windows 10 machine.

5 REPLIES 5

@Cathryn_Rees wrote:

Sure. Use DPP (the Canon editor that came with your 80D) instead, at least until you can prove that you actually need Lightroom. (And be prepared for the possibility that that may be never.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I agree with Bob that DPP may be all you need, but you will never know if you can’t compare to Lightroom. 

The 80D should be compatible with Lightroom Classic CC. 

Try opening the files in DPP to ensure they aren’t damaged/corrupt. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Cathryn_Rees wrote:

I agree.  What computer OS are you using?  I agree, that you should try Canon’s software first.

You’re not going to [find] much in the way of Adobe technical suppport around here, unfortunately.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Lightroom works with the 80D but it will need to be uodated. I use it on both a Macbook Pro and Windows 10 machine.

Thanks for all the advice here - much appreciated. I have discovered that part of the problem was that I wasn't updating things properly, Proper updates and following the advice here, and I'm now good to go.
Announcements