Canon Community Canon Community

Esteemed Contributor

Sunrise and Sunsets.

[ Edited ]

This is a sunrise, actually 3 minutes before the sunrise. 

EOS 6D, EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM

16mm

1/4000

f/2.8

ISO 100

IMG_7290-HDR.jpg

This is an HDR image made from five shots. 

Here is the actual moment of first light, captured three minutes later in a sequence of 5 HDR shots, at 35mm.

IMG_7296-HDR.jpg

The pre-dawn sky was a quickly changing kaleidoscope of color.  It took me 12 minutes to arrive.  The actual sunrise was anti-climatic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Reputable Contributor

Re: Sunrise and Sunsets.

[ Edited ]

Here is one of mine. This was taken at the North Lake near Bishop, CA - Sunrise -  just a single RAW exposure with post processing adjustments.

Canon 5D Mark III, EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II

f/11; 25s; ISO 100

22085414016_1d6e90f2e5_h.jpg

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Esteemed Contributor

That's really nice Diverhawk.  I just noticed that it is a long exposure.  I love the 16-35mm, period.  It's my walk around lens.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reputable Contributor

Waddizzle wrote:

That's really nice Diverhawk.  I just noticed that it is a long exposure.  I love the 16-35mm, period.  It's my walk around lens.

Yes...long exposure so that the water surface can be smoothed out - normally I'd use an ND filter but in this case the sun just barely came out and it was still pretty dark to the naked eyes. I didn't need the ND filter.  By the way, I'm not a hawk Smiley Happy, just a boring Hank Smiley Happy.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Esteemed Contributor

diverhank wrote:

Waddizzle wrote:

Yes...long exposure so that the water surface can be smoothed out - normally I'd use an ND filter but in this case the sun just barely came out and it was still pretty dark to the naked eyes. I didn't need the ND filter.  By the way, I'm not a hawk Smiley Happy, just a boring Hank Smiley Happy.

Sorry about that, Hank.  I have really bad eyes.  Blind in one eye, and going in the other.  I'd give it 10-15 years.

Occasional Contributor

Canon 5D MK3 - EF 70-200mm f/4L

30457013494_9f14f1356f_o.jpg

Wow, those colors are amazing, souravsen! Thank you for sharing this gorgeous photo with #TeamCanon!