cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your Macro Photos

lindam
Administrator
Administrator

Have you captured an awesome macro photo? Post it here and share the story behind the shot. Be sure to include the Canon gear you used. This photo was captured with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III and a Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM lens at f/5, 1/160 sec, ISO 100.

FLower-Macro.jpg

173 REPLIES 173

I believe this is the creature here, it appears they are native to the South West of the US. This guy was quick and all over the place, hard to get a good picture that was in focus. Still learning photography and this lens. This trip I decided to take a step back so the imagine is more likely a 1:5 or greater, not a 1:1 or 1:2. I figured I would get the greater DOF and I could always crop the imagine later.

Shutter:

Really, I would have thought they were  from some exotic place  (I couldn't remember there were so many in the article)  I'm just a beginner too, but have had some fun this summer in the garden shooting bugs.  I have much to learn, and there are many pro's on here that would be far better to give you any real advice.  I just like how your shots look with that lens, for a beginner too, I would have never known had you not told us.  I think your enthusiasm is contagious, and I love how you are experimenting with your lens.  Have been considering it, but after watching you have so much fun with it, I can't help but want one now.  Where do you go to get info and learn?  I found a couple online that are pretty good, not too dull.  Not sure if they will bleep it out on here.  My learning curve is with post right now.  Thanks again for all your enthusiasm and fun. 

Thank you very much for the kind words.
I have been reading as many photography articles as I can, like outdoor photography and places like this site. I also joined a local camera club, they have a local professional come in and critique our imagines. I have learned a lot in a short time from that. I have been trying to get the imagine right in camera so as to limit post processing as much as possible. All the imagines I have posted here, I did not post process except for cropping.

Seems like you're getting "it" quite well.  You must live in or near a city where they would have such classes.  I need to rely on on-line help at the moment.  Appreciate your shares, like I said before , your enthusiasm is contageoous.  Thanks for bringing it to this site, I think we needed it.  I did anyway.  Please keep it up.  Everything you've submitted got kudos, so I'm not the only one that likes your efforts.  Now we need to hear how you did them, your thought process, for lack of a better word.  Please keep sharing.

Cheers, L. 

ballottasphotog
Enthusiast
Cool shot!

Thanks.

pris796
Enthusiast

Picture taken from my Kitchen Window

1/640

F8

320 ISO

300 MM

05-03-15 (3).JPG

pris796

Beautiful photo, pris796! Love all the detail in this cool close-up. Kudos for having your Canon camera handy and capitalizing on this awesome photo opportunity!

Danny,

Thank You for the Kudos, this picture was taken with my Canon Rebel T3.

pris796

This photo was created by stacking 10 groups of 4 photos.  Each group of four photos were aligned and then averaged together to reduce noise, which yielded 10 images.  These 10 images were then stacked into the final result. 

Ambient room light was used to photograph the dime sitting on a sheet of white paper.

EOS 6D, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM

1.6 sec / f/5.6 / ISO 100

IMG_7598.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements