cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your Macro Photos

lindam
Administrator
Administrator

Have you captured an awesome macro photo? Post it here and share the story behind the shot. Be sure to include the Canon gear you used. This photo was captured with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III and a Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM lens at f/5, 1/160 sec, ISO 100.

FLower-Macro.jpg

173 REPLIES 173

I'm with ya Brian, once you figure it out, htey have to be a certain size, but it will tell you when they're too big.  Look on the top of message box and click on the picture of the mountain, 2 icons to the right of the smily face.  Good luck, took me a while too, and still can't figure it out on some photos.

BrianC
Contributor
Apparently I am in the wrong section because I do not see that screen.

Hello BrianC. You might want to make sure that you are using a desktop computer instead of a mobile device and you are logged in. Also make sure you are clicking the "Reply" button in red and not the "Quick Reply" button as this will not show the options. We hope this helps!

BrianC
Contributor
Thats why, im on apple phone.

ballottasphotog
Enthusiast

IMG_0106.jpg

Camera: Canon Eos Rebel T5

Lens: EF-S 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6 II

TV: 1/60"

AV: f:16

ISO: 400

ballottasphotog
Enthusiast

you must have followed her around for a while on that branch! Pretty great shots with your kit lens! Good job! I like the way you cropped this one. Really draws ya into the shot.

ballottasphotog
Enthusiast
Thanks. I'm glad you like it.

shutterhack
Contributor

Went to the Los Angeles Natural History Museum last Saturday. First time I recall seeing a metallic green bee. Rebel T5, 1/250sec. f5.6/ 100mm macro IS USM ISO 100. Just did a tight crop on this photo, no other adjustments.

IMG_1924 (2).JPG

Nat Geo had an article last month w/ 300 different kinds of bees, this was their headliner, it was the 1st time I had ever seen such a thing, this is very cool. Theirs was a head on shot so couldn't see the rest of the body, what a beautiful creature, thanks for sharing this. Do you remember where they're from?  You are really enjoying that new lense aren't you.  Ok you are convincing me,this is really great. Esp for f5.6, your DOF is really pretty good for that low of a setting, I'm impressed w/ that lens too. (and your picture)

Announcements