cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your Macro Photos

lindam
Administrator
Administrator

Have you captured an awesome macro photo? Post it here and share the story behind the shot. Be sure to include the Canon gear you used. This photo was captured with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III and a Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM lens at f/5, 1/160 sec, ISO 100.

FLower-Macro.jpg

173 REPLIES 173

Beautiful capture, Diverhank! We love how you used shallow depth of field to draw focus to the bee. Great work! 

diverhank
Authority

Is there a limit on how many I can post? :). Here is another favorite of mine...Bee on Cherry Blossoms

Canon 7DII, Canon 400mm f/5.6L, f/6.3, 1/2000, ISO 1250

Bee on Cherry Blossoms

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

wow! I love the reflection on the bee's body! The clarity is unbelievable! Did you do any touching up? Cant tell if you did.

@fatcat wrote:
wow! I love the reflection on the bee's body! The clarity is unbelievable! Did you do any touching up? Cant tell if you did.

Thank you :).  I did my usual RAW to jpeg conversion for wild life (pushed clarity, vibrancy and saturation up a bit), otherwise, it was all natural early morning light., situated to light up the bee and the cherry blossoms.   I shot this handheld.

I just learned about shooting in raw+Ljpeg.  I don't know if that makes a difference yet, but sure like the results you got.  How did you convert it to jpeg afterwords?  I must have been absent the day that section was covered.lol  I keep going back to your picture, it really is very amazing around the eyes.  I don't think I've seen a shot from that angle to see all the coloring around it's eye.  Most of the time you get the body and legs r in focus, and the eye looks black.  Pretty cool!  Any filter on your lense?  Thanks for sharing, btw

Whatever raw processor you use will let you export into almost any other format, JPG, TIFF, PNG...

@fatcat wrote:

I just learned about shooting in raw+Ljpeg.  I don't know if that makes a difference yet, but sure like the results you got.  How did you convert it to jpeg afterwords?  I must have been absent the day that section was covered.lol  I keep going back to your picture, it really is very amazing around the eyes.  I don't think I've seen a shot from that angle to see all the coloring around it's eye.  Most of the time you get the body and legs r in focus, and the eye looks black.  Pretty cool!  Any filter on your lense?  Thanks for sharing, btw

I use photoshop to process my photos and it opens the RAW file for processing and afterwards, I can save the result to a number of formats which I chose jpeg.  

I try to control all aspects of the pictures when I take them, like lighting and composition but a lot of it, as you know, is luck too.  In this case the lighting was just right, but then I'd have preferred being able to see the wings...Thanks so much for liking my pictures :).

thanks for the info. (converting from old film to digital here, and the post has me a bit baffeled at times.) Everyone is more critical of their own work.  Yea, you could have got the wings, but everyone else gets those.  I have NEVER seen a bees' eyeball like that!  NOT everyone gets that.  This is special.  You should enter it in a local contest. or your local county fair.  I bet you would win something.  Who knows, you may make enough to buy another sim card.  lol  Or maybe win that boat they're giving away......never know...but pat yourself on the back for this one.  Hold your head up high.  You got this without having to alter it!  What could be better!  The composition is perfect!  lighting...perfect....winning the prize...priceless!

good luck!

IMG_0179dragonfly.jpg

@fatcat wrote:

IMG_0179dragonfly.jpg

That's a great shot! Looks like he's not going to let go of that wire as long as you're anywhere in the vicinity. Does he think you're going to try to steal it?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements