cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your Astrophotography Photos

lindam
Administrator
Administrator

Are you a fan of astrophotography? Post your favorite photo you've taken and share the story behind it. Be sure to include the Canon gear you used.

Astrophotography

91 REPLIES 91

raswilliam
Apprentice

canon 6d and sigma 35 1.4

12973566_1116030695085947_6414515772366653680_o.jpg

Bob from Boston,

The williamphoto does have some extra fill light on the lower and mountain scene.

Very nice shot, BTW.  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

CajunSteph
Contributor

Heart    Are you Linden?   Love your topic/channel !!!    I'm kinda new at photography, astrophotography, time lapse and video.  I have a very beginner Canon T3i .   It was actually astro imaging that led me to my camera.   I don't have lots of money, old and am now disabled (31 years carpenter) but I can still get out and have managed to capture images of the night sky.  I've learned a few processes like star trails, time lapse and a little about processing in Lightroom.  I'd love to be a part of this community and also contribute some images for others enjoyment or critisim.   I haven't as yet learned how to post images but have thumbed through many plenty images already posted, written encouraging reply's and generally had fun surfing the site. 

I'd love any advice you may have for me,

Steph_Louisiana 🙂

CajunSteph
Contributor

Canon T3i _1600 iso _ about 40min ............. 1st attempt at processing in PS CS5 .......... I've since turned to LR-6 !!!  🙂 🙂 🙂Comet PANSTARSS copy.jpgComet PANSTARSS copy.jpgThis one is about 15min long and no processing at all   Smiley EmbarassedStarTrails_PS.jpgHeart   Here are a few of my first images I ever shot.  Didn't know much processing at the time. 😞

CajunSteph
Contributor

This is a shot from my back yard over the south pasture and was processed in LR-515.jpgThis below, was a second attempt at processing Smiley Embarassed10.jpgI do love my Canon T3i, but, after 3 yrs and interest in video's, I've already got my mind set on an upgrade to the Canon 70D 🙂

CajunSteph
Contributor

Bob_Ingram
Apprentice

This was taken in North Miami/Dade, Florida.

The most challenging part of this type of photography is the weather in Fl, there is the cloud cover and a lot of water vapour in the air even when there  is no cloud. I took this a week ago (9/28) and it was only lastnight again that there was a relatively cloudles sky to try again.

This is from 20 exposures that have been stacked. Will provide the process I use upon request. There are many different processes some are at lonelyspeck.com, which was my starting point 

Hope you like it.

5d MK III, f2.8, 24mm, 20s, iso 1600 

Milky Way — N Miami CC.jpg

EricPetersen
Apprentice

Canon 5DMKIII
Canon 15mm Fisheye @ F2.8

30 Second Exposure

AstroPhoto-1.jpg

chrisemme1
Apprentice

IMG_0566.JPG

Harvest Moon 2016 SX520HS

Juist found this site - pretty cool! Lot's of great images posted for sure.

A few from dark skies in New Mexico, from 2 trips, one in 2014 and 2015. Deep sky objects imaged with a Canon T2i, modified to respond to Hydrogen Alpha, through a Stellarvue telescope on a Paramount Tracking mount. Star trails shot with an unmodified Canon 5DSr on a fixed tripod (bunch of shots combined into one image...). Comments and critiques welcome and appreciated, thanks for looking!

North America Nebula

LRCC_sRGB_NGC7000_Wall_light_Master_croprot_DBE_stretched2_ACDNR_Sat_SCNR_MT_JPMStar_small.jpg

Witchead Nebula (binned 2x2, so no color information)

LRCC_sRGB_Witchhead_light_Master_drz_DBE_stretched2_ACDNR_MT_small.jpg

Pleiades (M45)

LRCC_sRGB_V2_M45_550D_BINNING_1_integration_DBE_stretchedx2_ACDNR_small.jpg

Star Trails Over Chama River, NM

LRCC_sRGB_startrails_small.jpg

ML

Announcements