Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sea of Red.

Addisonjones
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

asain-art-red-asain-photograph-addison-jones-001.jpg

This is at an incense manufacture in Vietnam. They produce all the incense from Asia. An interesting fact that I learned is that the color red means prosperity in Vietnam! Who would have known?!

I am always so thankful for photography because I am able to learn so much through it. 

Canon Mark 4. , 50mm 1.2.

6 REPLIES 6

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Photography is a two way street for learning. First is learning photography itself. Second is learning about the world around us.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

I agree. I honestly navigate and learn more about life and myself through photography then I ever did in school.

It also has auspicious significance from ancient times in Chinese culture, which may well be where the Vietnamese got their association.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Very true! I find color meaning so interesting.

Forgot to say, this is a gorgeous photograph and great capture!

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Addisonjones
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Trevor!

Thank you so much. It’s fun getting to know you a little more via our chats!!! I feel like I have so much knowledge to gain from you! I love it. 

Announcements