cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domestic Dispute series - warning may distrub some viewers!

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Call me a cross between a voyeur and a paparazzi as I captured this exchange, taking place at a local watering hole, where over-consumption can lead to unfortunate events. Luckily this one ended peacefully, but it was a tense period for all concerned. The names have been changed to protect the identities of the innocent.

It begins with one individual, whom I shall call Bill, already in his usual place, having consumed quite a few beverages already...

Bird 01.jpg

George, another regular confronts him: "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be home with your mate!"

Bird 02.jpg

Bill: "Let me be frank, you seem to spend more time with her than me!"

Bird 03.jpg

George: "You can't be Frank, he's twice the bird you will ever be - your name is Bill!

If I DO spend more time with her it's because you're out chasing other birds, she is lonely and needs company."

Bird 05.jpg

Bill: "That was a cheep shot!" (yes the spelling is intentional)

"I can see she's got her claws into you!  Well, you are welcome to each other and I hope you enjoy your 'flight of fancy' together!!!"

Bird 06a.jpg

George: "Don't you stick your tongue out at me, egghead!"

Bird 06.jpg

This might have escalated into a physical confrontation if it wasn't for the arrival of the lady in question, Mavis..

Mavis: "Stop that stupid posturing both of you! I'm sick and tired of both of you, egging each other on. It's no yolking matter! I'm leaving you both and going off to see the world with Andrew, he is much more cultured and appreciates me. He has brought out the chick in me again!"

Bird 07.jpg

At this point the protagonists dispersed, much to the relief of others who just wanted to enjoy a drink in peace!

Bird 08.jpg

I will leave the last word to Eric, "Just visiting", who commented "This place was a nest of inequity, not at all like what I am used to at home!"

bird 09.jpg

This is what happens to one's mind as it wanders while awaiting the right shot...  

The Cast: 

Two Tuis plus one Bell Bird, seen on the island of Tiri Tiri Matangi, a sanctuary in the Auckland's Hauraki Gulf, New Zealand.

Series taken with a Canon EOS 60D, with 28-300 EF-L lens, hand held.       

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Awesome photos!  Points for the dialogue and bonus points for the puns.  Great job capturing the daily drama in your feathered friends' lives!

pris796
Enthusiast

Peace at last, thank you for making me feel better, Great Story. Love the capture of disappointments.

pris796

braziliangirl
Contributor

hahahah I have to confess I was scared to open this thread... but I'm glad I did! Great pics! 

Hi Braziliangirl and welcome!!!  I'm glad you took the plunge and risked a look!!  Smiley LOL

@braziliangirl wrote:

hahahah I have to confess I was scared to open this thread... but I'm glad I did! Great pics! 

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements