cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captured an awesome travel pic lately?

lindam
Administrator
Administrator

Share your amazing travel photography! Let us know the Canon gear you used and the story behind the photo. 

This beautiful scene in Italy was captured with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III and a Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM lens at f/11, 1/5 sec, ISO 100.

Travel_Italy.jpg

177 REPLIES 177

dhammond1
Contributor

Shot this picture from the top of Charlotte Sound today on our way out of Anakiwa (South Island, New Zealand) .

Camera: Canon 7D mk II / Lens: Tamron 16-300mm

ISO - 100

f/10

28mm

1/320 sec4Y6A2365.jpg

Beautiful photo, dhammond1!  Love the breathtaking breadth of this whole scene.  We almost feel the urge to pick up a rock and try to skip it all the way to the far end of the view.

Thanks for showing us how you #CanonBringIt!

Very beautifiul.  Looks like you're enjoying that Tamron lens by the looks of things.

fatcat, while the Tamron has some noticable flaws, so far it has proven to be a capable 'travel lens' for daytime scenic shots. It has survived the rains in Milford Sound, and a gail force wind on Wharariki Beach (black sand silt), and the abuse has only just begun.  

Dhammond1,  lol I like that, not afraid to take it where you need to go.  I have been looking at that lens and another one, but this one seems to get pretty great reviews.  Seeing this is convincing.  You should send this shot into the reviews on this lens.  Not familiar withthe flaws, but still looking.  Can't decide to go for a macro or a good landscape lens.  Your shot is very convincing that you made a good investment.  Obviously, the mods NEVEr comment unless its a good shot.  Be proud.  Good going!  Here's a pat on the back and a kudos!   lol  Cheers. TY for the share

fatcat, thank you for the kudos and the compliments. The lens is great for scenic shots, but falls a bit short when shooting close-up/macro, especially in low light. If you have or intend to buy a macro or portrait lens, it is a great companion lens. I pair mine with the 50mm f/1.8 Canon. 

_MG_9121.jpg

Sunset at the Golden Gate Bridge

dhammond1,

I Just Love this Shot, Great Job. The Depth of Field is Endless, Thank You for Sharing.

pris796

iam_drfong
Contributor

Grizzly Falls

Beyond cool guys.  Keep'em coming! Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements