Canon Community Canon Community

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Captured an awesome travel pic lately?

fatcat wrote:
Wad, man, You are TALL! You must have set up the camera b/4 handing it off. Your last comment cracked me up about the kid with the tripod for an arm...lol You DO look younger than your age. , I would probably reach your elbow (4'11")Liz (not to be confused w/ Biggs' wife)

LOL Being tall attracts a lot of attention, most of it is harmless, though.  My favorite are the little toddlers in the strollers at the grocery store.  They just stare up with the mouths hanging open.  I say to them, "Man, you're the tallest person I've ever seen in my life."  The moms get a big laugh out of it.

I sort of set the shot up.  I switched the camera to "P" mode, and it shows.  I don't like the light metering.  I think that it was set for "spot" metering.  Here is a shot taken from the boat on the same day,

Esopus Meadows Lighthouse on the Hudson River, which is just south of Kingston, New York. 

IMG_2015_09_190383.WEB.jpg

Rebel T5, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM - 10mm, 1/500, f/8, ISO 100.  The 24mm wasn't wide enough.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Same all day boat trip, Rondout Lighthouse, also on the Hudson River, at the mouth to Rondout Creek.

IMG_1992_web.jpg

EOS 6D. Ef 24-105 f/4L IS USM, - 24mm, 1/160, f/8, ISO 100.

I visited four lighthouses on the Hudson River that day.  It was perfect weather, with just the occaional passing cloud.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Respected Contributor

Canon S-90.1/f6.3, 1/500s ISO 160

IMG_9919.JPG

Frequent Contributor

Kv, Where is this beautiful place? we have a bet going on this end.
(Switzerland, Austria, Bavaria or Germany) Is anybody right?
Esteemed Contributor

fatcat wrote:
Kv, Where is this beautiful place? we have a bet going on this end.
(Switzerland, Austria, Bavaria or Germany) Is anybody right?

Here's a hint.  Harry Potter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Respected Contributor

Yeah, I threw it in as kind of a joke. The little triple tower should be a clue.

But I would like to say that they are doing some amzing things with false perspective - everyone is learning from Disney.

Frequent Contributor

fooled me! Please tell more now that the joke is out. How big is it? Not everybody lives near disney to know
Respected Contributor

This is not at Disney, it is at the Universal Studios Theme park in Orlando Florida. IIRC, it was probably about 20 feet tall. It was situated such that you can't get really close to it.

Frequent Contributor

Never been there, looks pretty cool!  Probably made outta plastic, for all I know.  Really can't tell from the pic.  You did a very good job of disguisig the fact that it;s only 20 ft.  The mere size would explain how they can get so detailed, to scale...other than the triple tower, but who would have noticed that either, if you didn't reveal the secret...I love it.  I think you really did a good job on that one.  We all lost on that bet.

Honored Contributor

mount rushmore.jpg

EOS 1D Mk IV with ef 24-70mm f2.8L USM II.

A lot of Canon stuff. Along with, a lot of other stuff.
Frequent Contributor

that is beautiful.  What time of day did you take this?