cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captured an awesome travel pic lately?

lindam
Administrator
Administrator

Share your amazing travel photography! Let us know the Canon gear you used and the story behind the photo. 

This beautiful scene in Italy was captured with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III and a Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM lens at f/11, 1/5 sec, ISO 100.

Travel_Italy.jpg

177 REPLIES 177

@fatcat wrote:
Wad, man, You are TALL! You must have set up the camera b/4 handing it off. Your last comment cracked me up about the kid with the tripod for an arm...lol You DO look younger than your age. , I would probably reach your elbow (4'11")Liz (not to be confused w/ Biggs' wife)

LOL Being tall attracts a lot of attention, most of it is harmless, though.  My favorite are the little toddlers in the strollers at the grocery store.  They just stare up with the mouths hanging open.  I say to them, "Man, you're the tallest person I've ever seen in my life."  The moms get a big laugh out of it.

I sort of set the shot up.  I switched the camera to "P" mode, and it shows.  I don't like the light metering.  I think that it was set for "spot" metering.  Here is a shot taken from the boat on the same day,

Esopus Meadows Lighthouse on the Hudson River, which is just south of Kingston, New York. 

IMG_2015_09_190383.WEB.jpg

Rebel T5, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM - 10mm, 1/500, f/8, ISO 100.  The 24mm wasn't wide enough.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Same all day boat trip, Rondout Lighthouse, also on the Hudson River, at the mouth to Rondout Creek.

IMG_1992_web.jpg

EOS 6D. Ef 24-105 f/4L IS USM, - 24mm, 1/160, f/8, ISO 100.

I visited four lighthouses on the Hudson River that day.  It was perfect weather, with just the occaional passing cloud.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Canon S-90.1/f6.3, 1/500s ISO 160

IMG_9919.JPG

Kv, Where is this beautiful place? we have a bet going on this end.
(Switzerland, Austria, Bavaria or Germany) Is anybody right?

@fatcat wrote:
Kv, Where is this beautiful place? we have a bet going on this end.
(Switzerland, Austria, Bavaria or Germany) Is anybody right?

Here's a hint.  Harry Potter.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yeah, I threw it in as kind of a joke. The little triple tower should be a clue.

But I would like to say that they are doing some amzing things with false perspective - everyone is learning from Disney.

fooled me! Please tell more now that the joke is out. How big is it? Not everybody lives near disney to know

This is not at Disney, it is at the Universal Studios Theme park in Orlando Florida. IIRC, it was probably about 20 feet tall. It was situated such that you can't get really close to it.

Never been there, looks pretty cool!  Probably made outta plastic, for all I know.  Really can't tell from the pic.  You did a very good job of disguisig the fact that it;s only 20 ft.  The mere size would explain how they can get so detailed, to scale...other than the triple tower, but who would have noticed that either, if you didn't reveal the secret...I love it.  I think you really did a good job on that one.  We all lost on that bet.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

mount rushmore.jpg

EOS 1D Mk IV with ef 24-70mm f2.8L USM II.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

that is beautiful.  What time of day did you take this?

Announcements