cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captured an awesome travel pic lately?

lindam
Administrator
Administrator

Share your amazing travel photography! Let us know the Canon gear you used and the story behind the photo. 

This beautiful scene in Italy was captured with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III and a Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM lens at f/11, 1/5 sec, ISO 100.

Travel_Italy.jpg

177 REPLIES 177

The actual meta data can't be displayed because this type shot isn't possible with just one photo. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

_D3X6194-Edit.jpg

@The Big Dipper at Hillsdale Lake. EOS 5D Mk II with ef 70-200mm f2.8L II IS @ 150mm.

Except for the inclusion of the Big Dipper (which actually doesn't show up very well), I found this picture unremarkable overall - and arguably not worth the HDR processing it took to produce it. But it has one fascinating feature: the crude picture of a fish that a small child seems to have drawn near the bottom. I puzzled over that for quite a while before I realized that the "fish" almost certainly consists of actual tree branches (and their reflections) sticking out of the water! I'm very partial to pictures with illusions like that, so that makes it for me.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Bob from Boston,

Despite the 'glowing' review of my photo, I must disappoint.  It is not and HDR.

EB

This one is HDR.  EOS 1D Mk IV with ef 16-35mm f2.8L @ 16mm.  Exposure is not relevant in this case.

_52D2923_4_5HDR.jpg

Oil storage tanks and equipment in a wheat field near Gardner, Kansas.

EB

the tree stumps in the water are from flooding the plane after a dam is put in, usually because the army corp of engineers and the beurau of reclomation need a project for their graduating class, not realizing they are killing our food.

AxKnickerbocker
Apprentice

Sunrise over Yosemite Valley this past weekend. Colored in Lightroom.

Left Los Angeles at 1am on Friday night to drive all the way up here and experience this from the Tunnel View overlook. Absolutely worth the exhaustion and skipping breakfast. 

Canon 1D Mark IV | Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L | f/7.1, 1/800, ISO400

Yosemite Valley

Wow, it was definitely worth the trip! This must have been absolutely stunning to see in person. Thanks for sharing!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Yosemite Tunnel View

Yosemite Tunnel View

Canon EOS 1Ds Mark II, EF28-70 f/2.8, 1/400 @ f/8

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Smiley Happy I like.

EB

_DS31577_8_9_Balanced-Edit.jpg

Blue Spruce in Falls Park.

EOD 1Ds Mk III with ef 24-70mm f2.8L II.  HDR image no exif.

EB
Announcements