cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captured an awesome travel pic lately?

lindam
Administrator
Administrator

Share your amazing travel photography! Let us know the Canon gear you used and the story behind the photo. 

This beautiful scene in Italy was captured with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III and a Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM lens at f/11, 1/5 sec, ISO 100.

Travel_Italy.jpg

177 REPLIES 177

PhotosByNeva
Enthusiast
No it didn't! I have hundreds of pictures of sunsets and that's exactly what they look like from my front porch on a good day! My phone did not process anything that is exactly what I saw with my human eyes.
In fact it was probably better with my eyes but no it wasn't processed. You obviously don't get out much.

PhotosByNeva
Enthusiast
I travel all over the country cuz I'm a truck driver but I also do photography but I was just proving a point and then I get called a liar. First of all I don't even use Photoshop because I don't like to put fake pictures out there I take my photos once in awhile I cross them or separate them a little bit if they're too washed out that's it. Because if I Photoshop my photos then they aren't what I took and they aren't authentic so I don't believe in it. When it comes to Black and White I'll take my photos in black and white that's just how I see things.

No one called you a liar. ebiggs1 simply said that the phone did a lot of behind the scenes processing.

Smiley Happy  

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"No one called you a liar. ebiggs1 simply said that the phone did a lot of behind the scenes processing."

What?  Smiley Frustrated  You lost me on that one?  Did someone call me a liar?  

No, PhotosbyNeva thought you called them a liar. You said:

"It may be as it came from the cell phone but it is far from "all natural".  Just because you didn't take it to PS doesn't mean the phone didn't process it.  It did and heavily.  Cell phones have to rely on auto ISO much of the time to get decent snap shots.  Which is really all they are good for and that requires a lot of internal processing."

And PhotosbyNeva replied:

"I travel all over the country cuz I'm a truck driver but I also do photography but I was just proving a point and then I get called a liar. First of all I don't even use Photoshop "

_DS31382-Edit-Edit.jpg

The Marais des Cygnes River in Ottawa Kansas.

EOS 1Ds Mk III with ef 16-35mm f2.8L II USM.  16mm, f10, 1/400, ISO 160

The Marais des Cygnes massacre is considered the last significant act of violence in the Bleeding Kansas period prior to the outbreak of the Civil War.   On May 19, 1858, approximately 30 men, Bushwackers, crossed into Kansas Territory from Missouri.  Along the way they captured 11 Free Staters, or Jayhawkers, none of them were armed. These prisoners were led to a spot near the Marais des Cygnes River.  They were ordered to be shot.  Five of the Jayhawkers were killed.

EB

_DS31399-Edit.jpg

War Memorial and County Court House in Ottawa, Kansas.

EOS 1Ds Mk III with ef 16-35mm f2.8L II USM.   16mm, f8, 1/200, ISO 160

EB

Nice shots, Ernie.  I love that wide angle lens, too.  Here's a shot taken one frozen winter afternoon.

Glen Island Castle

EOS 6D, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, 24mm, 1/100 sec, f/4, ISO-100.  The Castle, Glen island, New York.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you both for sharing these pieces of history with us.

"The Castle, Glen island, New York."

Cool.  What is the "history" of it?

EB
Announcements