cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captured an awesome travel pic lately?

lindam
Administrator
Administrator

Share your amazing travel photography! Let us know the Canon gear you used and the story behind the photo. 

This beautiful scene in Italy was captured with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III and a Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM lens at f/11, 1/5 sec, ISO 100.

Travel_Italy.jpg

177 REPLIES 177

OK one that isn't HDR.

789.jpg

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Beautiful work, ebiggs1! We love the dramatic atmosphere of the first two, and you've captured the beauty of nature so well on the third. Keep up the great work!

Thank you.

I cna't give any exif data on the first two as they are multiple exposures. The Sugar Maples are as follows, 7D with ef 24-105mm f4L IS USM.  Shot at 24mm, f9, 1/160 @ ISO 160. Evaluative and sRGB.

EB

123.jpg

5D Mk II with ef 70-200mm f2.8L IS II USM.  70mm, f11, 1/320, ISO 320.

EB

What a gorgeous view! There's so much to admire about it, and the reflection makes it twice as beautiful!

123.jpg

EB

456.jpg

EB

diverhank
Authority

Canon 5DIII, EF 16-35mm f/2.8L, f/11, 20sec, ISO 200 - Saigon (HCM City) By Night

22771467189_4c45c70ee5_z.jpg

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Diverhank, the lights bring a great sense of energy to this photo, especially with the blue building that catches the eye. Thanks so much for sharing!

Holymoly
Apprentice

I think it's a bit sad when a thread on photographs becomes a discussion about HDR and whether it's a valid form of photography.

I remember when I switched from film to digital and the purists would argue that ANY interference from Photoshop destroyed the art. It's all a matter of degree.

If a particular individual's preference for highly stylised HDR offends you then that is your opinion and perhaps you are missing the point. Infra red, black and white, soft focus, even polarised are all techniques that alter the final image away from the original scene. HDR is the new kid on the block and could be argued is introducing a new art form distinct from old school photography.

Personally I love using Lightroom and Photoshop to produce an image of which I am proud. It isn't neccessarily just an exercise in faithfully reproducing the subject to the n'th degree.

Announcements