cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Albuqerque Balloon Fiesta 2016

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Here are some quick snaps from this year's Fiesta. As you will see, Canon is a big sponsor. We did the 5:00 AM thing in the past, so this year we went for the "Twilight Twinkle Glow" in the afternoon. The balloons don't launch, but they stay tethered and fire their burners.

Here is the poster outside the Canon tent:

IMG_0725.jpg

They had plenty of fun toys to play with, from a platform with a good view of the field

IMG_0729.jpg

They also had some stuff to borrow to really try it out. As you can see they were (surprise!) all out of 5DIV's

IMG_0727.jpg

They also had experts to talk too. (As you will see why, I chatted a bit about photographing fireworks)

IMG_0730.jpg

The mounted police were out in full force, the "zebra" is one of the launch controllers that supervise the balloons.

IMG_0749.jpg

Did I mention that there were balloons?

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

The fireworks started when we got back to the car, so I only had time to "spray and pray" The IS worked very well in P mode. I was pleasantly surprised

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Jenine
Rising Star

Looks like you've captured some really amazing photos! Thanks for sharing them with us and coming out to Balloon Fiesta. 

Thanks Jennie.

I wish I had a place to put some of my videos to share, It really makes it come alive.

I also need to find out if I can be a red shirt next year! I know a lot about Canon stuff!

More balloons from Plano, TX Smiley Happy

29809192131_34724026d7_o.jpg

CajunSteph
Contributor

Heart    Beautiful images.  I really love the shots of the Canon Balloon !!!  🙂     Great presentation !!!   Smiley Happy

grams230
Contributor

Good story-telling images.  The balloons glow in the evening - you exposed them quite well.  Most images of the Albuquerque Balloon fest just show lots of balloons against a blue sky.  That makes the fest look awesome.  Your story makes the fest look fun!  Your fireworks look godd, too.

grams230

Announcements