cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help using wireless remote with XF200

dedd
Apprentice

I am considering purchasing the XF200.  I need to be able to operate the zoom with my left hand using the WL-D6000 remote, while at the same time with my right hand controlling the camera pan and tilt with the video-head arm.  The remote operating instructions say I need to press the "Record Enable Button" simultanously with the Zoom button, but I can't press the remote's "Record Enable Button" and the zoom buttons at the same time with only the left hand.  Is there another way to do this using the remote?  I don't want to use the camera zoom controls, I want to use the remote zoom controls.

Thanks, Don

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello dedd, 

The manual is very specific when it points out that you must use the record enable button when zooming.  There isn't a way around this particular function. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Tim, thanks for your response.  I think the design requiring that button be pressed simultaneous with the zoom buttons is poor design.  It makes sense with the Start/Stop button, but not the zoom buttons.  So, I had to order another remote so I can glue down that button allowing me to use the zoom buttons.  I'll use the other remote to run other functions.  I think Canon should change this.

- dedd

Announcements