cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5C - Clog3 - Color Matrix (Neutral, Production Camera, Video)

Isaaydin
Apprentice

Hi Everyone,

In Canon R5C Color Profile settings, when choosing the Clog3 profile, there is an option to edit the profile. If you set it to unprotected (which is protected by default), you can find settings for Color Matrix with three options Neutral, Production Camera, and Video. By default, it is set to Neutral.

Who knows, what is the real difference between a Neutral and a Production Camera and where can I get more info about it?

We operate a commercial video production studio, regularly shooting in 8K Raw. Given that we frequently work with highly color-sensitive content, accurate color representation is crucial to us. I'm curious if the Production Camera setting might offer greater color accuracy than the default Neutral setting. Any insights would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite

I don't own an R5C, but have the EOS C70.  In the C70's manual, it has this information about those three values (I suspect your manual would have identical or very similar verbiage):

• Neutral - Reproduces neutral colors.
  • Production Camera - Reproduces colors more suitable for motion picture production.
  • Video - Reproduces colors with a contrast suitable for TV broadcasting.

Now then, since you're capturing RAW, I'm not sure if this would be baked in or not.  You'd have to experiment with that or perhaps the manual may provide insights.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite

I don't own an R5C, but have the EOS C70.  In the C70's manual, it has this information about those three values (I suspect your manual would have identical or very similar verbiage):

• Neutral - Reproduces neutral colors.
  • Production Camera - Reproduces colors more suitable for motion picture production.
  • Video - Reproduces colors with a contrast suitable for TV broadcasting.

Now then, since you're capturing RAW, I'm not sure if this would be baked in or not.  You'd have to experiment with that or perhaps the manual may provide insights.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks for your input. I actually did some more research and found more information on this. I already did some test shoots today and heading home with this footage to see the difference.

Announcements