cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to locate usable driver for pro-100

dunkinidaho
Contributor

Just bought a Pro-100 and when I installed it with the CD I also included the XPS driver. How do I know that this is the driver that is being used and not the IC driver.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hi dunkinidaho.

While Patrick's explanation is probably tetchnically correct I ddidn't find it very helpful.

The XPS version of the printer shows up as a separate printer from the Pro-100 printer. You need to specifically choose that printer in any application you will be printing from.

2017-07-14.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dunkinidaho,

The XPS printer driver supports 16 bit printing which is only supported by 64 bit applications, such as Adobe Photoshop.  The XPS printer driver does not have the ICM color management feature that the standard printer driver has.  If color management is not available in the driver you are using, then you are using the XPS driver.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hi dunkinidaho.

While Patrick's explanation is probably tetchnically correct I ddidn't find it very helpful.

The XPS version of the printer shows up as a separate printer from the Pro-100 printer. You need to specifically choose that printer in any application you will be printing from.

2017-07-14.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

thanks, that did it

Announcements