cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-100 support code 1000

johnny2002
Apprentice

brand new printer. have gone through set up to align print head and keep getting this error message.

paper will not feed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The Canon Pixma Pro 100 has TWO (that is 2) paper trays toward the back of the printer.  This is not at all obvious to someone who is setting up a new printer.

For aligning the print head you need to insert two sheets of paper into the "rear paper tray", which is actually IN FRONT OF the MANUAL FEED PAPER TRAY.  That is, the manual feed paper tray is BEHIND the "rear paper tray".

The REAR PAPER TRAY cover is on the TOP of the printer.  Lift that cover UP to expose the "rear paper tray".

The MANUAL FEED PAPER TRAY cover is at the BACK of the printer.  Pull that cover OUTWARD to expose the manual feed paper tray.

Again, for aligning the print heads one must insert paper into the REAR PAPER TRAY (accessed at the TOP of the printer), not the manual feed paper tray (accessed at the REAR of the printer). 

One might intuitively assume that the manual feed paper tray is the "rear paper tray" because the manual feed paper tray is at the "rear" of the printer, but that assumption would be incorrect.  The "rear paper tray" is (to a new user) hidden under the lid on top of the printer.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Naomi
Enthusiast

Hi johnny2002!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know which printer model you own. That way, our Canon Forum members and our Subject Matter Experts will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your model.

Thanks!

thanks naomi, it's a pixma pro 100

fixed problem. thanks

How did you fix it? I just got a Pixma Pro 100 and am having the same problem. It doesn't recognize paper in the Manual tray either.

I have the PIXMA PRO 10 and have gone through the set up of this device. It's giving me a support code 1000 and won't load the paper. How do I fix this?

There is no paper in the rear tray.  Put paper in the rear tray!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The Canon Pixma Pro 100 has TWO (that is 2) paper trays toward the back of the printer.  This is not at all obvious to someone who is setting up a new printer.

For aligning the print head you need to insert two sheets of paper into the "rear paper tray", which is actually IN FRONT OF the MANUAL FEED PAPER TRAY.  That is, the manual feed paper tray is BEHIND the "rear paper tray".

The REAR PAPER TRAY cover is on the TOP of the printer.  Lift that cover UP to expose the "rear paper tray".

The MANUAL FEED PAPER TRAY cover is at the BACK of the printer.  Pull that cover OUTWARD to expose the manual feed paper tray.

Again, for aligning the print heads one must insert paper into the REAR PAPER TRAY (accessed at the TOP of the printer), not the manual feed paper tray (accessed at the REAR of the printer). 

One might intuitively assume that the manual feed paper tray is the "rear paper tray" because the manual feed paper tray is at the "rear" of the printer, but that assumption would be incorrect.  The "rear paper tray" is (to a new user) hidden under the lid on top of the printer.

If it weren't for this post, I would not have figured out the problem with my new printer.  The directions idea of the location of the rear feeder and my idea of the location was opposite.  Thank you Benso074  so much for posting this!

I spent 45 minutes trying to print an A3 page but ran into this error code 1000. Finally I read this forum and in particular this post and stupid me or stupid them, you'll be the judge. They call the one in the rear the Manual Feed tray and the one up front or in the middle or the one in front of the so called Manual feed one, the Rear Tray!!Smiley Sad

Oh well, I printed many times before with no problems but this time I use large format papaer, so I went in deeper to set the paper size thus the tray option.

Now I used the white marker and wrote a BIG print on the tray cover accordingly but unwillingly to accept in my mind.

Thanks benso074

Announcements