cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipf 6400 "in an error state"

mstratil
Enthusiast

When I try to print, my ipf 6400 gives me the message "Printer is in an error state" after I have sent a print job to it. But it gives me no further information, and I can't figure out what to do.

I have tried turning the printer off/on, but that does not help.

Can someone help?

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi mstratil,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support for further assistance.  There is NO charge for this call.  Please dial 1-800-423-2366, Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mstratil
Enthusiast

1. In the error log it shows 03060A00 2E1B. But I cannot find this listed in the manual. Does anyone know what it refers to?

2. When I try to print to the printer, I get the message "Cannot acquire status." Apparently there is no operational connection to the printer. I have tried different USB cables and tried an ethernet connection but that has not changed the response.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have done further testing to see if the problem is specific to the desktop I'm using. So I tried to install the printer (with the latest driver) on my laptop, again connecting through a USB cable.

The laptop could never find the printer at all!

Does this suggest that the port on my printer is defective?

What further diagnostic tests can I do?

Mike

Hi mstratil,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support for further assistance.  There is NO charge for this call.  Please dial 1-800-423-2366, Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick,

Thanks for this suggestion. I will do it tomorrow.

Mike

Donald at Canon was able to solve the problem. My printer had lost its ip address.

Mike

I was going to suggest something like the networking was not allowing the PCs to find the printer on the network. Glad you got it fixed.
Debra
Announcements