cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF Pro-4000, Print Studio Pro .dpi & 'fine' print quality: setting #1?

-_-
Contributor

howdy  🙂

has anyone been able to print out at .dpi's higher than 240dpi using the imagePROGRAF Pro-4000 & Print Studio Pro?  if so, how are you obtaining the higher .dpi?

has anyone been able to select the high quality 'fine' setting?

ive sent several images from lightroom & photoshop to 'print studio pro' at various dpi but PSP still only shows .dpi of 240 regardless of image dpi, size, ppi

thank you in advance!  🙂

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The DPI for an image cannot be adjusted in the Print Studio Pro program.  You may achieve better results be enabling the "Always print in the finest quality setting" option which is located in the Advanced Print Settings dialog

The "Fine" quality option is only available with certain media types.

If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

thank you for your help!  🙂

i spoke with canon support, they were very helpful & confirmed that:

1. going from Lightroom 6.x to Canon Print Studio Pro, .dpi is not being respected & defaults to 240dpi regardless of .dpi of image, they will investigate further. confirmed.

for the time being, the work around is to print from Lightroom to imageGRAF Pro-4000 without taking the image to Print Studio Pro

2. going from Photoshop to Print Studio Pro, .dpi is respected via the Canon Print Studio Pro plug-in PS>File>Automate>Canon Print Studio Pro... confirmed.

3. also confirmed, the High Quality "Fine #1' setting in Print Studio Pro is grayed out & unable to access regardless of paper types (default pro papers)

side note, was very impressed with canon's technical support, wow!   🙂

An advantage of printing directly from Lightroom is that LR output sharpening is applied. I have run several tests and see no quality advantage using PSP vs LR. I set my dpi at 300 in LR and use the Canon XPS driver ( Windows 7 computer). 

I have also also run tests printing from LR with LR output sharpening, without output sharpening and using Nik Output Sharpening plugin. 

I found the differences subtle, but LR sharpening produces the best results for my printing. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

super good info, jr, thank you, i'll give it a go!  🙂

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Based on my experience, other than specialty features, like the Pattern Print, PSP doesn't do anything for general printing that you can't achieve in Lightroom or Photoshop. Its primary advantage is for folks who don't know how to configure the printer diver; PSP throws all the correct "switches" to avoid double profiling.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements