cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 XPS Driver won't allow me to choose Letter Paper size

shelms488
Apprentice

I am attempting to profile my printer using the X-Rite ColorMunki Photo and my Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000.  The issue I am having is that when I am in the printer driver, choosing the paper type and size I receive an error stating 

"You cannot print with the following combination.

Media type: Pro Premium Matte

Page Size: Letter 8.5"x11" 22x28cm

Use the selector below to select a suitable setting and select Change to use the new combination. Click Back to Setup to select a different combination

[X] 4"x6" 10x15cm
[  ]  Change to L 89x127mm

Note: After making the change, check the layout with the application software.

To cancel the safety margin regulation click [Back to Setup], and then on the [Page Setup] tab of the printer driver, under [Print Options], check [Cancel the safety margin regulation for paper size]"

(See photo)

Canon iPF PRO-1000 XPS driver error

Canon obviously makes the Pro Premium Matte in 8.5"x11" Letter size, i just can't get it to select it.  any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I am running on a Windows 8.1 desktop connected to the printer through via wired LAN and have installed all applicable updates and drivers for the operating system and all software on the computer.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Best regards,

-Thomas 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try selecting cancel safety margin. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Premium matte is a Fine Arft paper so you need to choose "Letter (Fine Art Paper 30 Margin)"

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John,

Thanks for the tip, I will try that.  I just wish to inquire as to why I need to choose that choice when the driver has a listing under "Fine Art Papers" > "Photo Paper Pro Premium Matte"? (Also my options don't list

"Letter (Fine Art Paper 30 Margin.)"

Best regards,

-Thomas

Screenshot 2017-02-11 04.50.19.jpg

I am printing on a PRO-100, and here is message I get when I choose Letter size.

This is all I can offer:

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Try selecting cancel safety margin. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

That fixed it.  (Also, I figured out how to get the Letter Margin 30. I had to switch from borderless to normal in page layout.)   Thanks for the assist!

Announcements