cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to disable color management of the pixma pro 100 under mac ios Sierra

ninhnguyen2017
Apprentice

Hi,

I need help on how to disable color management of the pixma pro 100 for mac ios Sierra. I've been reading from this forum but have not found the answer yet.

If you know how, please walk me throug.

Thanks in advance,

Ninh

35 REPLIES 35

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Since when LR switches of color management it selects ColorSync and prevents user choice I would guess you would select ColorSync and then choose paper ICC profile in OneDesign.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, I hoped that would be the case.

Unfortunately not - Colorsync seems to apply additional color management. Have tried with automatic profile and paper profile.

So the challenge remains how to switch off color management entirely, as I believe one can do in the windows based version of the driver, given the host printing software isn't doing it. Strange, given that Adobe manages to achieve this with Photoshop and Lightroom, but doesn't with Indesign...

Maybe this.

https://www.xrite.com/service-support/unabletoshutoffcolormanagementincanondrivermacosx

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you so much for trying to help me !

Unfortunately, using the Generic RGB profile creates a very similar output as before rom Indesign... 😞

Do you have the IJ Series printer driver installed and not AirPrint or Bonjour. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I do not use Indesign, but I found this.

Annotation 2019-12-15 130312.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements