cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to disable color management of the pixma pro 100 under mac ios Sierra

ninhnguyen2017
Apprentice

Hi,

I need help on how to disable color management of the pixma pro 100 for mac ios Sierra. I've been reading from this forum but have not found the answer yet.

If you know how, please walk me throug.

Thanks in advance,

Ninh

35 REPLIES 35

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What software are you printing from?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I am using photoshop cc with canon print studio. The print came out not the same as my screen.  I also print same image with epson xp800 and epson 9600 and get the same print out as my screen.

The epson printer driver allowed color mangament to turn off. So please show how to turn off the canon pixma pro 100 color management.

Thanks for your help

Ninh

Hi Ninh. Print Studio Pro handles that setting automatically. 

What paper are you using? Can you post a screen shot of your PSP settings?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John,

See if you can help me find the Printer's color management in my photoshop setting dialog box, please?

I have all right:

- working space in Adobe RGB (image profile in RGB as well)

- photoshop managing the colors

- a calibrated monitor

- Canon paper

- ICC canon paper profile

When I use the "printer manages the color" to print, the colors come out very close to what is on the monitor. When I try the paper's ICC the photo print gets a magenta cast (actually all colors get messed up). I understand that I have to disable the printer's color management, but I can't find where to click. All dialog boxes I found on the internet are different than mine. even if Mac disable automatically when you set the profile, I should be able to see it, right? I tried to print the photo out of Lightroom and indicates the same thing - and the colors are off the same way.   

Thank you,

Sandra

Hi Sandra. lets see if we can work this out.

1. when you go into System Preferences->Printers & Scanners do you see this:

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 6.42.34 PM.jpg

You don't want to see Bonjour printer. If you do click the plus sign to add a printer and wait for IJ Series to show up.

2. If you click Options & Supplies do you see ths:

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 6.42.53 PM.jpg

If you don't see 16.20.0.0 go to the Canon site and download the latest driver. If necessary repeat step 1. The Bonjour driver is not a Canon driver, it is an Apple driver and it doesn't take advantage of the Canon driver features.

If you configure Lightroom to use an ICC profile and select Print Settings do you get this:

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 6.43.29 PM.jpg

You can see that canon Color Matching is turned off and the whole selection option is grayed out - you can't select the wrong option.

If you configure Lightroom to have the profile Managed by Printer and select Print Settings you should see this:

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 6.44.06 PM.jpg

Here you can see Canon Color Matching is selected. You would then go into the media dropdown and select the paper you want if you are using Canon paper.

In Photoshop it is similar. Select Print Settings and you get the same driver image.

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 6.59.37 PM.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John,

YOU ARE MY SAVIOR!!!!!! I was almost giving up by now!!!

I downloaded the 18.10.0.0 (couldn't find the 16.20.0.0) and worked!!!!!!!! Now I have soooooo many options in my print dialog box!!!! The colors are perfect!

I can't thank you enough!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

I'm so happy!!!! 

all best,

Sandra 

Hi Sandra. Can you tell me where yo found the 18.10.0.0 driver. I am not finding it. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements