cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i disable color managment Pro-100

mlloyd515
Apprentice

This printer has been nothing but a headache and I'm not sure how others can get it to work...anyway. The problem is the color(specificly oranges and red). It's way off from the color on my monitor. So, I purchased a ColorMunki Dispaly and calibrated my monitor.  That didn't help. Next I downloaded the Canon Print Studio Pro and when I access it through Photoshop CC, it (canon print studio) tells me the driver isn't installed for the printer....HOWEVER can print to the PRO-100 from every program on my Mac, so clearly the driver IS installed. Now I think I will try getting a custom ICC profile but in order to do that I need to disable the color management, but when I look for a  radio button or some thing like that I end up just raising my blood pressure! 

Can some one direct me on how I can disable color management in the PRO-100? Or if you could direct me on how to fix the color that would be great too but it seems to be much more complex issue.

18 REPLIES 18

Tony,

Also make sure you do this.  The ICC profile must be correct for the paper you are using.

icc profile in PS.jpg

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks, ebiggs1.

I have 2 ways now of getting to that specific screen where i can "turn off" the printer color management, so thank you for showing me where it was.

Oddly, in all my recent tests, printing test images from Lightroom, it appears to make no difference if i tell lightroom to let the printer handle the color management (and use the printer settings dialog appropriately), or whether "turn off color management" by the printer, and set it in the print screen of Lightroom. In the end, i could not tell the difference in the print. 

Either way, the good news is that i'm no longer getting double-color correction on my prints (that was horrible).

I appreciate the time you took to put those screen shots together.

Best,

Tony

Smiley Happy Success!

EB

i'm ready to scream........everyone tells us to go into the printer driver and turn off the printer's color management.  WHERE is that exactly???  of if i didn't understand it correctly, where (exactly) does one turn off the printer's color management?  

(p.s.  i'm ready to throw this Proo-100 off a cliff!)

ebiggs1,

I can't seem to download Bill Atkinson's Printer Evaluation Image. Do you happen to have a copy you can send me? If so: steve@stevethornton.com

Thanks very much!

Steve Thornton
www.stevethornton.com

https://www.redrivercatalog.com/infocenter/printing-test-images-files.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you John!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Oh, BTW, kido, don't get too discouraged, it will work.  Smiley Happy  Thousands of them do!

EB

RFF
Contributor

I see alot of the same questions but where are the answers?  I am afraid of deleting the wrong thing when I get to the management part of printer drivers.  I love this printer, its my second one, the other just quit working, so I dont want to lose this one.  The magenta cast to my prints is very adgitating.  I dont have photoshop, I edit with the one canon provided.

Announcements