cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I get image garden to register the icc profile I have downloaded for Moab paper?

Tamasin
Apprentice

I have downloaded the icc profile from the moab site for the paper type but when I come to print it isnt showing the moab paper option.  Am I missing a link in the process? I am using a macbook.Please help me!

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

MIG is a consumer product. It’s very likely it only works with Canon paper. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have pixma pro 100 and it does say I can use other papers

That is correct. I have a Pixma Pro-100 and use more third party paper than Canon paper. 

But, in order to do that you need to have software that allows you to choose the software to manage color (like Lightroom, Photoshop and many other advanced software products). 

If if you want to use  lab paper with MIG you can select the media type recommended by Moab for the paper and see how well the corresponding Canon profile works. 

Since you are using MIG I suspect you are printing a project of some sort and precise color matching may not be critical. Thus the Canon profile may be adequate. Give it a try. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

KDef
Enthusiast
This is correct. MIG doesn't allow others ICC profiles. In the case you have a PRO series printer though, Print Studio Pro allows you to print using ICC profiles installed on your computer.
Announcements