cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I calibrate my canon pixma pro 100 to match my monitor

cliffcleland
Apprentice

65 REPLIES 65

Wouldn't it be nice if someone from Canon would actually weigh in on these questions.

Go to YouTube and search for "jtoolman".  Many good videos on the Pro-100.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

"Wouldn't it be nice if someone from Canon ..."

Not likely.  This is a public forum.  It has moderators that sometimes tell you to call Canon support.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The grey tanks are used all the time.  Doesn't matter what the paper is.  I rarely print B&W and I rarely, to never, print on fine art paper and my grey tanks are depleted just the same.  My favorite paper is Pro Platinum form Canon.  I use it 75% of the time.  The rest is mostly paper from Red River which has a proper profile for each of their papers.

If you have a scanner and a printer and a monitor, they all can have different color renditions.  Three different !   I think in your examples that the contrast is off and if it were equaled out, those samples would look pretty good.  There will come a point where you are chasing your tail and it is all the better it can be.  The Pro-100 is a fine printer.  It is capable of outstanding results.  But in the end there is a place where it is as good as it can be.  After all it is a consumer printer, not a lab printer.  In my case I am mostly concerned with skin tones.  When I get them right I am happy.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
That is a Windows setting Az.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Carel
Apprentice

Announcements