Did you mean: 

how do I calibrate my canon pixma pro 100 to match my monitor

cliffcleland
Apprentice

65 REPLIES 65

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
We've had some situations here that resulted from folks printing on the wrong side of the paper since some papers make it very hard to tell the coated/print surface , but it sounds like HRP is easy to tell.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Printed on correct side, it is easy to tell.  Paper was meant for bubble jet printer circa 1997, but better than copy paper for testing.  Went to canon site, they of course listprofiles for currentpapaers and printers, not this.

Maybe choose Matte Photo Paper profile. 

IMG_0696.PNG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I would also double check your monitor calibration. Then go to files Windows> system32>spool>drivers>color and find the monitor calibration profile you just created, right click and install. Color Munki should be diving this automatically, but it's always good to check. I use a PC, not sure where the monitor profile is kept on a Mac.

Canon Professional Services Gold member. Master printer. Wildlife photographer.
Cameras: Canon 5DSr, 5D MkIII, 7D MkII and a pile of lenses.
Monitors: Eizo CG248 4K, Eizo CG241W
Printers: Imageprograf iPF6100, Imageprograf Pro1000

Also, double check that this setting is in place. 

IMG_0697.PNG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

It's important to verify that your desired display profile is being used, but it sounds like you are not getting a good match between the display and print. 

The Pro-100 is capable of great prints. I'm not sure what else to suggest. You could eliminate a variable by getting a pack of Canon Luster Photo Paper and try that since it has a known profile. If that doesn't give a good print with the Outback test image maybe it's a printer problem and you can pursue an exchange with Canon.  

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks jrhoffman. I've never used a Mac.

Canon Professional Services Gold member. Master printer. Wildlife photographer.
Cameras: Canon 5DSr, 5D MkIII, 7D MkII and a pile of lenses.
Monitors: Eizo CG248 4K, Eizo CG241W
Printers: Imageprograf iPF6100, Imageprograf Pro1000

"You could eliminate a variable by getting a pack of Canon Luster Photo Paper and try that since it has a known profile."

Do this before wasting any more ink.  You may just have a faulty profile and very easy to correct.  Smiley Wink

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I know I've beaten this topic to death.  However, thought I would post images from downloaded test pattern, saved as jpg and copy of same pattern printed on Pixma Pro 100, then scanned as jpg.  Note the color shift in reds in gamut bars as well as shift in magentas in rgb squares.  I also had these images printed at costco, who reproduced accurately what I saw on monitor and print!

Downloaded image:

Test Image download.jpg

Printed and scanned image:

Test Image as printed on Pro-100.jpg

I still think your issue relates to the paper and the profile you are selecting. Costco most likely uses a profile intended for their paper.

I guess you need to balance the cost benefit of using paper you have and not getting the best prints and/or spending on ink while you chase the problem or getting some Canon paper that is compatible with the Pro-100.

Canon frquently has sales at its eStore where you can get multiple packs of paper for free when you buy ink.

Right now at the eStore:

"Receive 5 FREE Gifts when you buy 3 Professional Individual Ink Tanks - Offer valid June 1, 2017 12:00 a.m. through June 18, 2017 11:59 p.m. ET. Offer valid in U.S.A. only, and void where prohibited, taxed or restricted. Free Gifts Include: 2 packs of Pro Paper Sampler Pack and 3 packs of Matte Photo Paper 8.5x11 50 Sheets. Availability of certain items may be imited. Limit of ten of any one item per order, subject to availability. Order will be shipped to a street address in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia only. Dealers, distributors and other resellers are not eligible for this offer. Offer subject to Terms of Sale"

In the past I've gotten several hundred dollars worth of paper for free when buying ink.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements