cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon pro 100 print on textured cardstock

stringz
Apprentice

I bought the Pixma Pro 100 because it was one of the top recommended for digital scrapbooking.  The ink, however, does not print well with textured cardstock.  Do I need to try a pigment ink cartridge?  Or does this printer not work on textured cardstock.  Also, in what instances would pigment ink cartridge be the best choice?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You could try selecting Matte paper option in media type. Matte/textured papers generally print better with pigment inks, but a textured paper like Hahnemuehle Museum Etching prints wiell with the Pro-100.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I print on textured rag paper with no issues.  Are you sure you have the correct profile selected?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Sounds like the OP may be using a non-standard paper that won't have vendor profiles. Can either let printer manage color and just select a close media type (one of the Canon Matte choices) or let print software manage color, choice a Canon media type and experiment by choosing various ICC profiles. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Patrice
Whiz

Hi stringz.

You may want to try using [Other Fine Art Paper 1] or [Other Fine Art Paper 2] in the "Media Type" drop-down of the printer driver:

figure:Main tab

figure:Quality & Media in the Print dialog

If you still experience an issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be glad to assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements