cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon pixma pro problem

lacyE
Contributor

Hello,

I really don't know much about printers but I have a pixma pro 100 bought new in October, it has started printing a thick line down the side of varying colours, I am an artist and use it for art prints, and i am really confused. I have turned it on and off and unplugged it and plugged it back in, still printing the line. Its the original ink so its not from bad ink. 

Help Please its time sensitive I run my business with it. 

Thanks 30118240_10155991916095781_67738962_n (1).jpg

14 REPLIES 14

Danny

Hi, lacyE!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Is the black band deliberate or also part of your problem? If black is deliberate and colr is not then try a nozzle check and a head cleaning if warranted (by the check results).

If it worked properly for a while and then started doing this did you make any changes to the computer?

Sometimes (I emphasize sometimes) reinstalling the driver solves problems. If not you will probably need to contact the support folks.

I see you wroye "colour" so I am guessing you are not in the US? Give the Canon support line in your country a call.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Nope the black is not intentional either, I took all the ink our and replaced it, and it worked for a few prints, but it is back to printing these lines, I have wasted a ton of ink and paper on this. 

No changes to the computer 

I am calling them now. Very Frustrated 

Well I called, the fellow was very rude, but he did give me a solution I did what he told me to do to fix the problem, it worked once, and but now is back to printing those lines /blocks of ink. I have gone through so much ink and paper over this that now I am completely out and have to buy more. Going to call and try and exchange printers tomorrow. 

Can you let us know the recommended fix in case others have the same problem. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

lacyE
Contributor
For sure! He told me to open up the lid to the ink compartment. Inside there is a clear strip that runs from one side to the other, it needs to be rubbed clean with rubbing alcohol. You need to unplug the printer so you can manually move the ink out of the way to reach each side, as the edges are most important part.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Thanks. That’s the encoder strip/tape. I have seen that being recommended in other cases where printing appears messed up, like double printed words.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

lacyE
Contributor
Ahh good to know. Unfortunately though like I said it did not solve my problem :(. I must have a lemon.

Give Canon a call to see aboutbwarrnaty replacement. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements