cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't setup wireless connection Canon pixma pro-100

isabelrb
Apprentice

Hello, I recently changed the wifi setting of my network, we changed the network password, and now the printer is offline and I haven been able to reset it. I tried connecting it to my mac and going through the setup again, but it doesn't work, the wifi light blinks fast and the cancel button lights up, y restarted the router. I'm trying to follow this instructions here http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0300008421/01/PRO-10_PRO-100_NonPC_EN.pdf but I don't know what the access point is? How can I fix this?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thanks, I didn't realized that I had to erase my old settings of the printer and add it again as a new printer, now it works. 

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The access point is your router or a wifi extender (if you are using one); whichever is closest to the printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

isabelrb
Apprentice

Hi, I don't really understand, so my computer is connected to the internet via wifi, and the printer is connected to my computer while I do the setup, am I supposed to restart the router while I press the wifi button of the printer? Because I did try to restart the router while the cancel button of the printer was blinking, but that didn't work. 

No. Don’t restart the router. Be sure router is running. 

Does your router have a WPS button?

If no, or you aren’t sure, try the second method - hold Resume button until white light flashes 11 times. 

If router had a WPS button press that button and then the blue light. First method. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

thanks, I didn't realized that I had to erase my old settings of the printer and add it again as a new printer, now it works. 

Yes, after a futile search on the Canon support website, I found this forum. Here are the steps I followed for my Macbook  based on previous posts. I needed  to set up a wireless connection after changing my router:

1. Delete the printer from your computer to erase the previous settings (go into settings, select printer & scanner, select the printer, press the "-" button)

2. Download the Pixma Pro 100 driver for Mac (be sure to choose correct operating system)

3. Press the WPS button on your router FIRST

4. Then, press the blue button on your printer

5. The white and blue buttons will blink for a while

6. Open printers & scanners from settings in Mac

7. Wait for your computer to recognize the printer

8. Add the printer by pressing the "+" sign in the lower left corner

Thaks for the solution, but it does not work. Does this printer work with Mac OS BigSur?

It does. I print via WiFi from a MacBook Air/Big Sur. Not an M1 MacBook. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

coolvanstuff
Contributor

I have a pro 100 and new ATT wireless network. Printer will not print wireless.

HELP!

Have you tried the guidance here?

Support | Professional Inkjet Printers | PIXMA PRO-100 | Canon USA

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements