Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

can't setup wireless connection Canon pixma pro-100

Hello, I recently changed the wifi setting of my network, we changed the network password, and now the printer is offline and I haven been able to reset it. I tried connecting it to my mac and going through the setup again, but it doesn't work, the wifi light blinks fast and the cancel button lights up, y restarted the router. I'm trying to follow this instructions here http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0300008421/01/PRO-10_PRO-100_NonPC_EN.pdf but I don't know what the access point is? How can I fix this?

Thank you

Esteemed Contributor

Re: can't setup wireless connection Canon pixma pro-100

The access point is your router or a wifi extender (if you are using one); whichever is closest to the printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472
New Contributor

Hi, I don't really understand, so my computer is connected to the internet via wifi, and the printer is connected to my computer while I do the setup, am I supposed to restart the router while I press the wifi button of the printer? Because I did try to restart the router while the cancel button of the printer was blinking, but that didn't work. 

Esteemed Contributor

No. Don’t restart the router. Be sure router is running. 

Does your router have a WPS button?

If no, or you aren’t sure, try the second method - hold Resume button until white light flashes 11 times. 

If router had a WPS button press that button and then the blue light. First method. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472
New Contributor

thanks, I didn't realized that I had to erase my old settings of the printer and add it again as a new printer, now it works.