cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I Got A Canon Pixma Pro 10

wesjr50
Apprentice

I have had an Epson R3000 printer since it came out in 2011. I was getting puddled photo black ink marks on my Ultra Premium Luster Paper prints. Really liked the print detail, color and contrast. Heck I've used Epson printers since the mid 90's. I was getting exactly what is seen here     http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3384029

Must be getting surplus ink on the print head. Tried cleaning it but I didn't get the job done. Would like a removable print head. Never used anything but Epson inks and paper.

Just couldn't take it any more. Started printing today with the Canon Pixma Pro 10. Seems to produce very nice prints IMO. Love the Canon Print Studio Pro plug-in for Photoshop.

Please understand I not complaining. Just decided to move on...

Canon 5D Mk 111, Canon EOS - 7D Mk II, Canon G1X, Canon Pixma Pro 10 Printer, Sekonic L- 358 incident/ flash meter, Canon EF 24- 105 f/4 IS, Canon EF 70 -200 mm.L f/4, Sigma 180 mm. HSM f/3.5 EX DG APO Macro IF AF, Canon EF 100- 400 mm. F/4.5- 5.6 L IS, Canon EF 500 mm. f/4 L IS, 1.4 TC, 12 & 25 mm. Ext. tubes, Better Beamer, Canon 580 EX II flash
4 REPLIES 4

beemer
Enthusiast

charlie,

I realise that your post is old  but I have exactly the same problem and although this week Epson offered me 25% off a P600 to replace my R3000 which cannot be repaired as they have no spare parts, I have today bought a P10s.

Ian

Beemer,

Hope you enjoy your new Pixma Pro 10s. I use mine much more than either of my Epson R3000's. My Pixma delivers prints that are very close to my calibrated LCD: MacBook Pro & Dell U2711 monitor.

Just do a little tweaking in Canon Photo Pro software that comes with my Pixa Pro 10.

Charlie Wesley

St. Augustine Beach, FL

Canon 5D Mk 111, Canon EOS - 7D Mk II, Panasonic Lumix LX 100, Canon Pixma Pro 10 Printer, Sekonic L- 358 incident/ flash meter, Canon EF 24- 105 f/4 IS, Canon EF 70 -200 mm.L f/4, Sigma 180 mm. HSM f/3.5 EX DG APO Macro IF AF, Canon EF 100- 400 mm. F/4.5- 5.6 L IS, Canon EF 500 mm. f/4 L IS, 1.4 TC, 12 & 25 mm. Ext. tubes, Better Beamer, Canon 580 EX II flash

Hi Charlie,

To digress a little:

You and others might find it strange for me to be on a Canon forum as I am now a Nikon (and Fujifilm) guy.  I was a  Canon T90 (film) user and to this day still think that the Canon T90 was,  and is,  the most ergonomic camera to hold.

My Pixma Pro 10s arrives on Monday so I'll report back after setup.  Have a good weekend!

Ian

wesjr50
Apprentice
Beemer,

I shot many Nikon cameras while taking college photo classes in the 80s and 90s. Love them all. Went to Canon for the IS on their lenses.

Just started shooting a Panasonic Lumix LX 100. Use it at partys and for its 4K video. It's an amazing little camera.

Can't wait to hear back on your experience with the Pixma Pro 10s.

Take care...
Charlie Wesley
St Augustine, Florida
Announcements